Solarforce P60 modules running on 2xCR123a?

Geoffrey

Newly Enlightened
I have been bitten by the P60 and host bug and have sold off all my lights and I am slowly replacing them with P60 setups.

At the same time I have gone from AA to CR123a. I haven't owned a CR123a light since the days before LED and I understand there is an issue with pushing too high an amp load through CR123a cells.

I am looking to setup two vehicle emergency lights and plan to use Solarforce hosts and was thinking I would go with Solarforce drop ins too.

I am debating the Solarforce 830 Lumens XP-L V6 led Bulb for L2 series & Surefire 6P 9P G2 (input volt 2.7-9v) for one light and the Solarforce M3 U2 CREE XML flashlight head for L2 series & Surefire 6P 9P G2 for the other.

Any one run these on 2xCR123a cells? Any issues with high draws and possible safety issues with CR123a cells?

Any feedback is most appreciated.

Thanks

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been bitten by the P60 and host bug and have sold off all my lights and I am slowly replacing them with P60 setups.

At the same time I have gone from AA to CR123a. I haven't owned a CR123a light since the days before LED and I understand there is an issue with pushing too high an amp load through CR123a cells.

I am looking to setup two vehicle emergency lights and plan to use Solarforce hosts and was thinking I would go with Solarforce drop ins too.

I am debating the Solarforce 830 Lumens XP-L V6 led Bulb for L2 series & Surefire 6P 9P G2 (input volt 2.7-9v) for one light and the Solarforce M3 U2 CREE XML flashlight head for L2 series & Surefire 6P 9P G2 for the other.

Any one run these on 2xCR123a cells? Any issues with high draws and possible safety issues with CR123a cells?

Any feedback is most appreciated.

Thanks

I don't believe any Solarforce dropin or head that can accommodate cr123 cells requires high draw, so you should be fine.

twin63

Newly Enlightened
My primary vehicle lights are Solarforce (hosts & drop ins). No issues at all running 2xCR123a. Just make sure to use fresh cells (don't mix partially used cells).

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am also trying to enter the p60 drop in and p60 hosts space but find it to be quite daunting in terms of all the options and challenges. Would be nice to hear more from those with more experience....

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, I was looking at P60 dropins, specifically the Solarforce 830 Lumens XP-L V6, I wonder if you did purchase this dropin and how (if you did purchase this) do you find the beam, is the hotspot concentrated, is it a huge hotspot or is it a medium, would you happen to have beamshots? Sorry to ask all this. Thanks.