Defective Klarus Mi7 arrived DOA from Gearbest

Howiezowie

Newly Enlightened
Excitement turned to disappointment after opening my Mi7 package which arrived today from China, bought and shipped from Gearbest. The light turns on intermittently, but mostly does not turn on at all.

I first tried the included AA alkaline battery (which tested at full voltage,) and then tried a fully charged Xtar brand 14500. The light is clearly defective, and the video I took shows what often happened if the light decided to turn on: It would flicker at low intensity and then turn off. (Hope my video works, I only just joined vimeo in order to share it.)

I've contacted Gearbest via their online support ticket option, and hope they are as good about customer satisfaction as they claim on their website. Any additional advice for getting this replaced by Gearbest would be helpful.

TheShadowGuy

Enlightened
Sorry to hear that; it always sucks when something comes DOA. :(
I don't think you will have any issues getting it replaced through the official support ticket, but if you do you can also contact the Gearbest representative on these forums.
Good luck, hopefully it gets resolved quickly.

gearbest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Howiezowie,

Could you please pm your order number? We will check and reply you then. Thank you!

Howiezowie

Newly Enlightened
I'm editing this post because the hole that I thought I saw going into the head of the light, and which I photographed from different angles, just doesn't seem to be there now. It must have been a particularly realistic optical illusion of sorts! Or the light is possessed
:oops:

In other news, Gearbest is being very helpful about resolving the main problem of the light not turning on, offering options of replacement or refund.

Klarus Mi7 defect 1 by Howiezowie, on Flickr (Click pic to view full size on Flickr directly)

Last edited:

Howiezowie

Newly Enlightened
Follow up: maybe I'm losing my mind, but I can't find that hole now. It seemed unmistakably clear, even when I zoom into the original pics, and yet maybe it was some kind of optical illusion. There does seem to be a trace of liquid or greasy/oily substance in that groove, it lights up under ultraviolet light. It's as if it's leaking from inside there. Maybe the shine created the illusion of a hole. I don't know but I'm going to bed and maybe daylight will help me resolve the mystery.

narmattaru

Enlightened
Follow up: maybe I'm losing my mind, but I can't find that hole now. It seemed unmistakably clear, even when I zoom into the original pics, and yet maybe it was some kind of optical illusion. There does seem to be a trace of liquid or greasy/oily substance in that groove, it lights up under ultraviolet light. It's as if it's leaking from inside there. Maybe the shine created the illusion of a hole. I don't know but I'm going to bed and maybe daylight will help me resolve the mystery.

from some dozens of flashlights that i reviewed, Klarus XT11S is one of the very best.
please dont give up with Klarus. they make really good products.
that is a disappointing experience, of course, but Klarus deserves one more chance. that can happy with any product, even with expensive.

Howiezowie

Newly Enlightened
So now there doesn't seem to be a hole. It must've been some kind of illusion, yet a pretty compelling one! I'm using the Candlepowerforums iPhone app and I can't seem to find a way to delete the post from before. Maybe when I get to a computer I can do that.