Jetbeam MK-1

narmattaru

Enlightened
I ordered this one just in case, price was realy acceptable. Usually I use Xtar Sirius WK 41.

MK-1 is bigger twin of Jetbeam keylight (which i totally like) and uses 14500\AA

Specification

Brand: JETBeam
Model: JET-I MK
Lamp Beads: Cree XP-G2
Beads Number: 1
Lumens Range: 200-500Lumens
Luminous Flux: 480LM
Luminous Intensity: 4200cd
Power: 2.5W
Color Temperature: 6500-7000K
Switch Type: Twisty
Feature: Lightweight,Pocket Clip
Function: Camping,EDC,Hiking,Household Use,Night Riding,Walking
Battery Type: 14500,AA
Battery Quantity: 1 x AA / 14500 battery (not included)
Mode: 3 (High > Mid > Low)
Mode Memory: Yes
Waterproof Standard: IPX-8 Standard Waterproof (Underwater 2m)
Available Light Color: Cool White
Available color: Grey
Product weight: 0.017 kg
Product size (L x W x H): 8.32 x 1.95 x 1.95 cm / 3.28 x 0.77 x 0.77 inches
bb7f7c.jpg

It goes into openable (finally there is no need to tear it apart like it was with Jetbeam HR25R and keep it with spare parts) blister along with manual, lanyard and clip.
247764.jpg

90c50a.jpg

It is quite compact sized light, shorter then WK41
48d1cb.jpg

0157cf.jpg

After a couple of weeks passed since I got it I still cannot any bad about buid quality. May be thread could have more grease.

f6c6e1.jpg

338df0.jpg

07239b.jpg

There is also tread at tail. I suppose it`s made for glass-breaker or tripod.
2ba1c10491.jpg

UI is simplest – just switch head and see brightness changes.
mk1-les.gif

Jetbeam-MK1-ogorod.gif

mk1-beam.gif

nimh.gif

14500.gif

There is modes memory .
I could see PWM shimmering at low mode.

Overall. For such a price it is a nice choice.
But I have some negative opinions.
30 and then 480 at lithum? Gap is too large! And keep in mind that you cannot use max mode at 14500 for more then about 2 minutes, then you get your fingers burned.
So there is an only choice – AA. With this type, everything is cool.
Reasonable long-lasting brightness and low temperature of flashlight itself.
A, i`d also like to mention that i`d be cool If in next revision Jetbeam added possibility to attach clip in reversal direction. To clip MK-1 as a headlamp to baseball cap for example. It will not add much to price, I suppose ))

Anyway – for such a small price, I don`t think that there is a better choice. Can be good 1st​ flashlight for a kid. Simple, bright and once it will be lost (I suppose kid will lose it) it`ll make a breach in parents wallet -)

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice review. Let me add some comments on the run time tests I did. The output is very well regulated and constant. On high with a freshly charged Eneloop, it held 148 lumens for 102 minutes. Medium was a constant 31 lumens for 707 minutes. Those outputs were very stable. Efficiency was neck and neck with the EagleTac D25A XP-G2.

For the less price, and also since I like the memory capability, I'd chose the Jet-1MK over the D25A...........especially since I verified that the driver is efficient. I measured the D25A w/o battery at 20 grams and the Jet-1MK at 26 grams (not sure where they get 16.7 grams). With Eneloop the comparison is 46 grams vs 52 on the Jetbeam so not much difference once a battery is added.

I purchased two of these lights this past week and I had a problem with the low mode on one of them. It came in around 0.014 lumens....just barely a glow. I'm getting that one replaced. The other one I measured about 1.8 lumens and in my opinion that is a good low level. I personally don't like sub lumen firefly modes. I'm not planning on using a 14500 in it. Diameter wise, its a tight fit for the Eagletac and Keeppower 14500 and was afraid of getting it stuck.........so I didn't push it all the way in, but I'm happy with it simply using an AA NiMH.

Lexel

Enlightened
I got mone with Coupon MKDEAL at Gearbest for 9.88€.

But the LED is a lot off center, its easy to see as the beam profile is not symetric.

is there a way to open the head and get it fixed?

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got mone with Coupon MKDEAL at Gearbest for 9.88€.

But the LED is a lot off center, its easy to see as the beam profile is not symetric.

is there a way to open the head and get it fixed?

Yes, if you look closely the head is made of two parts. Just clamp the light down, anything over the knurling is a bezel. I used a wood workbench with a wooden vise to hold the light at the knurling, and put some rubber over the bezel to protect from scratches, and untwist with some pliers. Now it got a beutilful tinted neutral xp-l hi led around 4500K with a hint of red tint :) And i filed down the sides of the clip thats sticking out some and polished it so it wont stick out as mutch on the sides. There are no groove for the clip in reverse position. But the clip can be put on reverse, and works fairly well even without a groove for it. Now it got a better tint. It was not bad for a cool white in the first place, but i was bored and prefer a bit warmer tints.

tmp_22463-_20161030_140133-1429750292_zpsplv1abfa.jpg

Last edited:

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jorn, thanks for that bit of information. So an XP-L can be flow soldered in place of the XP-G2, right? 4500k is little warm for me but I'd love to put a 5500k in some of my XP-G2 lights. The biggest challenge is always to get the head apart.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, it fits. Reflowing took me 10 minutes after the head was opened. The threads on the head is glued, but not mutch force was needed to unscrew. The head got 4 holes. 2 for the wires, and 2 for some pins sticking out of the plastic led centering device. Its a tight fit with a xp-l-hi.