E2D LED vs E2D LED Ultra - beamshots?

pxd

Newly Enlightened
I have been looking around the forums for several days, but so far have not found a beamshot comparison between the original 200 lumen SF E2D LED (which I own) and the newer 500 lumen SF E2D LED Ultra (which I covet). Anybody out there with both, or maybe I've missed a repository of beamshots I could consult? I know I want the newer model, but since my current model is already the brightest torch anybody in my personal circles has ever seen, it is hard to get my head around what the practical difference would be if I upgraded. Apologies in advance if I have missed something obvious - if accepted, this will be my 3rd post (I think). Thanks very much. pxd London

jonathan.silva05

Newly Enlightened
What role does your e2d play? Been eyeing one for awhile but don't know if it'll fit in my pocket, if it'll tear my pocket or if the 5lumen low is enough for general use

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pxd, I ve not been on here for awhile.... But I will tell you from experience, keep the 200 lumen it's a great light (sold mine for £60 to a friend now can't get it back! I have 2 500lumen lights... One beat to hell but in my brothers paws and he loves it. The other one is practically new and I wouldn't sell it for any price simply because it's the NUTZ... I can do you a beam shot of the 500 but not the 200...

Trust me, spend the money, it's old school and versatile, no intellibeam but surefires intellibeam makes me think of our government wanting to control what caliber you shoot. I want to be in control of the things I have not the other way around.

Back to the e2dl ultra.... It's just a beast for such a small package.

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ps: if you're in London (just noticed) we can meet up and I ll show you! I m in Hertfordshire

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
ImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1471029884.246533.jpgImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1471029915.348851.jpgImageUploadedByCandlepowerforums1471029971.728325.jpg
Behold! The Surefire E2DL Ultra 500

pxd

Newly Enlightened
usdiver - Thanks for the 500 beamshot - much appreciated. I was offline for a while, so pardon the slow response. My E2DL doesn't get out much, mostly because I have my doubts about carrying it around in public, particularly in London. It always comes with me any time I go on a holiday where any sort of night activity might occur, though. We've ended up out of town in various European stays, and what with the lack of street lighting and the potential for power cuts, I'd hate to be without it.

Last edited:

pxd

Newly Enlightened
jonathan.silver05 - general carry use, I guess; I have carried it in my pocket, and haven't put holes in anything yet, but recently I found an old nylon holster that fits it pretty well, and it has lived in that ever since. No idea what was in the previously - possibly a Maglite.

Last edited:

pxd

Newly Enlightened
jonathan.silva05 - I forgot to mention: the E2DL is a bit too big (IMHO) to be carried in a shirt or jeans pocket like a pen or pencil; I find either to be uncomfortable and likely to fall out or torque the torch unduly. On the other hand, the 5W low power seems to me to be bright enough for close-quarters work, and seems likely to be long lasting when you need it (a long night walk, for instance). pxd