flashlights in sydney

CaseyTan

Newly Enlightened
currently in sydney and will be here for around 2 weeks.

anybody knows whether there are any good shops in the city that sells flashlights (with UK/Inova/Princeton Tec)? and how's the price like, compared to US ?

thanks

ferreter

Newly Enlightened
G'day CaseyTan

depends what part of sydney you are located in but if you can get into the city there are a few stores you could look at:

Lawrence ordnance on George street (Surefire and I think Inova's)
Gowings Brothers also on george street (Princeton tec and headlamps)

some of the camping/outdoor stores also have a limited range of flashlights other than M@g lights, but most people think that a M@g is a 'real' flashlight (we know better than that don't we /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Price wise they will be fairly pricy comapred to US, even though the AUS $ has gained a lot against the US $ the prices haven't come down much (if at all)/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon8.gif .

eg: Priceton Tec Impact II LED flashlight is about $80 and a 6P surefire is about $180 I think..... haven't bought any lights from a shop for a while, lots from US via the web though!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

CaseyTan

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the info ferreter.

$180 for 6P ? wow ! thats pretty ex.

maybe will just drop by to take a look, btw, what time they closes ? 6pm ? cos by the time i knock off, will be around 6pm. Maybe will only drop by those shops during weekends.

Impyboy

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, with the limited range of quality flashlights in Aust, you definitely wont find anything cheap.

If you can make it to a smaller part of town, outside of sydney, Horsley Park gun shop stock alot of the surefire range of flashlights, and is the cheapest place i found /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

last phone quote i got from them:
G2 : $100 AUD (about 150+ everywhere else)
8NX: $345
6P: i think was about 170 or so.

so, nah, not too cheap here.
you'd probably be better off getting them online from the states, or other countries /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

good luck

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any good flashlight sold in Melbourne
or Sydney can be a very expensive commodity.
Thats why I order mine from overseas much cheaper.

lightemup

Flashaholic*
I bought my 8nx through Horsley park for $285 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
last year not too shabby at all I think /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif i was grinning from ear to ear /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Do tell if you find any bargains / deals / interesting bits there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Geoff it is a standard STD call for you or I /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Web: www.hpgs.biz
email: [email protected]
Ph: (02) 9620 1313
Fax:(02) 9620 1449

Cam

JPT

Newly Enlightened
Hi CaseyTan,

just sent you an introduction & info:
hope you enjoy your stay here.

jason

CaseyTan

Newly Enlightened
thanks of the info everybody, and JPT too. probably wont spend too much time looking at flashlights since its rather ex here, probably will get from the states one of these days.

cheers