Headlamp with belt clip

Bhpepper

Newly Enlightened
Been around the internet too many times. This forum is the most complete knowledge base on lights.
So here i am.

Looking for quality light to use for running, camping, climbing etc

I thought the Silva MR150 would suit me fine but no idea how to purchase from the states.

Streamlight compact has an awesome clip but a bit bulky and too much extra i dont need.

Armytek wizard 2 pro seems like an option as does the nitecore hc30.

As far as form factor those are all in range.

So what say you?

Specs im looking for....

-good throw distance
- mid range lumens should fall about 100 +/-
- duration at mid should hit about 4hr +/-
- headlamp setup
-GOOD SOLID CLIP ( for hydration belt and sternum)
- batteries i am unsure of leaning AA/AAA or CR123A (open to options though)
- IPX 7/8

Any insight would be awesome!

geokite

Newly Enlightened
Zebra light H52Fw (or if you don't mind putting tape on your lens as a diffuser, H52w) 100lm is about 3 hours. I like the clip, never had one come off on accident.

Headlights are good for running, but better are knuckle lights (a product) I made my own pair using a pair of H502d and a bit of cutting the elastic band so they fit around the back of my hands. Aimable and no bouncing hotspot as you run.

Steve

WigglyTheGreat

Newly Enlightened
If you are using a right angled light like a Zebralight or Armytek etc. Then I don't see the need for a clip. I use my Zebralight H600 series on the head, waist , back of wrist, mounted to the strap on my backpack, or just hung around my neck. It's very versatile and there are many mount options. If you buy a few extra silicone mounts which are dirt cheap, then it may make it easier to place the mounts where you like.

D6859

Enlightened
I'd go for a 18650 headlamp. The weight difference isn't so big compared to 1AA, you'll get great runtimes etc. Nitecore HC30 has a pretty long throw and seems to be quite light. I prefer my headlamps floody so I have Armytek Wizard (v1.5) and Tiara A1 (v1) which I've been really satisfied with.

I also go climbing but I find it too dangerous when it's dark. Also, during our climbing season it's pretty bright out so I rarely need a headlamp for climbing (more for the camping and drinking whiskey at the campfire tho). Are you looking for a throwy headlamp for climbing? I might find tight hotspot a problem when climbing since you're mainly looking for the holds in your arm's reach, but better option if you're belaying.

Bhpepper

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies. I was not sure what was going on with my account here so i just pulled the plug and bought one.

I went with
Armytek Wizard Pro v3 XP-L (Warm) Silver from Andrew and Amanda.
I will be going with 18650 batteries.

Hope this was a good choice.

Bhpepper

Newly Enlightened
If you are using a right angled light like a Zebralight or Armytek etc. Then I don't see the need for a clip. I use my Zebralight H600 series on the head, waist , back of wrist, mounted to the strap on my backpack, or just hung around my neck. It's very versatile and there are many mount options. If you buy a few extra silicone mounts which are dirt cheap, then it may make it easier to place the mounts where you like.

I see how this makes sense! the mount could thread or be fastened to a belt. Never thought about that.
This is my first go with these types of lights so i am a bit green. Great feedback!