Mod or Replace a Mag AAA?

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want brighter light but not a bigger package. I started looking a bit at surefire and they all take 123 batteries, I've pretty much standardized on AAA's and don't want to stock another type for all my gear/gadgets. Most of the mods and conversions for Mags are for the AA, its too big for my EDC. Can I make my AAA Mag brighter or is there a better replacement?

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like it is bigger around than a AA Mag. One of the reasons I'm staying with AAA is the size. I'm a skinny guy and AA lights don't fit in my pocket or my belt. I'm looking for close to the same diameter of a minimag AAA.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Check the Micro-Illuminator and also here

Just checked on the light meter and the AAA MiniMag was 150 Fc @ 1 foot and the Micro Illuminator was 66 Fc @ ! foot (both at center of beam).

To increase the brightness without changing the form of the AAA MM, replace the Mag bulb with a Brinkmann Nexstar bulb.

Also send the diameter of the AAA MM lens to Flashlightlens.com and see if he will cut you a UCL lens. That should get you close to a 10% increase in brightness.

Changing the bulb and lens should give your AAA MM a new lease on life.