CMG Sonic - Won't turn on.

jhereg

Enlightened
CMG Sonic - Won\'t turn on.

I have a CMG Sonic I purchased about 6 months ago. It worked well for a while, then had a problem where it wouldn't turn on the first time. It would work if you turned it off & then back on. Now it won't ever turn on. I've tried different brands of batteries & tested the batteries in other devices. The batteries are good, but the Sonic won't light up. I have tried cleaning the postive terminal on the circuit board with a pencil eraser, but that didn't help. Any other suggestions other than send it under warranty?

Thanks
Andy

L3

Newly Enlightened
Re: CMG Sonic - Won\'t turn on.

You have performed the logical user actions, without success. The next step would be to contact CMG and arrange to return the unit for repair or replacement. Your Sonic may well have suffered an electronic component failure. Good luck!

DLG

Newly Enlightened

Send it to CMG. They'll send you a new one. I had a similar problem ans was told there was a batch of these when the Sonic was first introduced.

Got the new Sonic and have not had any problems with it.

CMG, imo, is good about supporting their products and keeping customers satisfied.

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast

I too had problems with a Sonic just recently. CMG will send you a new one. No need to fool with a malfunctioning flashlight. Their CS is superb. Give them a call.

Jerry

jhereg

Enlightened

Thanks for the info. That is what I figured, but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. It is definitely a problem with the board/led. I tried jumpering across the battery and back of the tube to eliminate the cap. It didn't have any effect. I found the led/circuit slide out the back so I applied a new alkaline battery to it propery. No effect. I've already sent an email to CMG. Will send it in for repair as soon as I hear back from them.

Andy