Unregulated LS Champion...who wins??

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlight 3 AA LS, the 2L, the 3L...Pelican M6 led...CMG 3AA? Who else is in the running?

Who wins the wide beam throw "wall of light"?

Who wins the long distance "reach out and touch something"?

Who wins the best of both worlds?

If size matters...which one...ladies, please remember this is a family forum...and lights are the topic.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
Badbeams said:
...Who else is in the running?

[/ QUOTE ]
The Aitec Collimators, models AT2005L and AT2000L.
These might not be tremendous flashlights, but they're unregulated LS, and in the running here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Oh, and the Tektite Expedition Star and the Fliklite LS:1.
I don't believe either one of these are regulated.

And let's not forget the Space Needle II. I don't believe they're being made anymore, but some people here have them. Speaking of homemade and modified lights, I think the Long Gun Illuminator (LGI) is unregulated - it direct-drives its LS.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'd say the space needle II is the longest throwing unregulated LS light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif you can even adjust the focus so it throws a flood of light.

rlhess

Enlightened
Having just acquired an SNII, I certainly think it throws farther than any other LED I have, regulated or unregulated.

I wonder what an LED in an M3T head would look like--I hear it's very good, but I'm waiting.

Cheers,

Richard

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
If there is an LED that throws more light or has longer throw than a SNII I want one!!

3 million plus mcd!

I love mine, wish it came in a smaller package, but you need that big reflector to get all that output.

The AA battery extender is seriously cool!!

Bill

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i got a light comeing soon that will have close to 10,000 lux cant wait

raggie33

*the raggedier*
dr j how many and what kinda batts do u run ya ls 5 watter on.and runtimes if ya dont mind me asking ty

raggie33

*the raggedier*
dang thats one hungry lsi may get me some nimh aa 2300 thats at walmart.i bet that light can throw far

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
for the amount of light getting out from the light, SN2 or other mag lite modded to 5W ls is definitely the winner.
however, for longest throwing led, nothing can beat 3W lux properly positioned in the mag reflector. Well, maybe Bulkhead can beat it. We will see /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kiu

Enlightened
Well, i m interest in waiting someone post the beam shots of Tri-star 3W with SN2.

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not maybe the brightest, or longest throwing, but having used one for a couple of days, I have to throw the Nuwai ALX-113AA in there, it's a great all round light, and at a sensible price.