EDC cell phone light

Status
Not open for further replies.

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just thinking that a good place for an edc light would be integrated into or added onto cell phone batteries. Does ARC have any plans for something like this or is something like this available elsewhere?

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nokia allready has it coming out.

paulr

Flashaholic
There are several phones right now with built-in flashlights. I hope the feature becomes more and more common. However, I don't know any add-on battery packs for existing phones, with a light built into the pack. Sounds like a market opportunity!

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I've seen battery packs with enough flashing LEDs on them that they look like a portable disco. There ought to be a way to trigger these into a manual "on-steady" mode so they could be used as an EDC in an emergency.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
a cell phone light just doesn't seem to fit into arc's business model... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

besides, i don't even have a cell phone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have mentioned cell phone lights several times in the Arc forum and the main LED forum.

Peter

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I know someone who was using his cell phone as an emergency flashlight during last summer's big blackout. It was a case of that or nothing. This is one of those instances where a combination battery pack / LED flashlight would have really come in handy.

Of course he should've had an EDC light on him in the first place.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
There's been a few times when I've used my cell phone screen as a flashlight, because I'd left my keychain in another room (I usually set it down near the door when I come in the house). Now I have a coin cell light on my belt loop just for that situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.