KL1 and 3 123Ls?

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a SF KL1 module on the way. I also have Vital Gear 1 123 body and a 2 AA body. I seem to recall that the KL1 would work with 3 123Ls. However, I am not sure. Maybe it will tell me in the literature.

I am sure many of you already know the answer to this.

Thanks,
Jerry

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Take a look in the Reviews Forum...the Run Time Plot sticky. look at the UBH plots and you will find a runtime plot for a UBH/KL1 with 3x123.

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
notos&w,
Thanks. In considering it I don't know of any SF 3 123L lights that are of the E series thread size. I am glad that the KL1 will take 3 batteries. I haven't played with one yet, but am supposed to get one next Tues.

In fact I have two on order so that I can give my daughter one with a E1e and keep one. I intended when I got the E1e to give it to her, but it is so cute that I am buying another one for myself.

Jerry

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
notos&w,

Have you used 3 123s with your KL1?
I should have my KL1 tomorrow, and I am looking forward to trying it out.

I think the VG 1 cell body will make a cute and compact carry light. But I also have on order a SF E1e as a second small combination.

If you have tried the 3 123/KL1 combination, was the light greater than with 1 123? I assume that it is not brighter, but does run much longer.

Jerry

brightnorm

Flashaholic
My KL-1s do very well on the 3x123 UBH. The regulated runtime is at least 1.5hrs longer than on 2x123, and probably longer than that. There was some discussion about the 6hr drop recorded in Roy's chart but I don't recall the final analysis.

ubhkl19v.jpg

Interestingly, the KL3 on 3x123 had a 7hr rising curve!

Brightnorm

notos&w

Enlightened
Jerry,
it might be a tad brighter (actually, im sure it is), but its not something i notice in use. the runtime is so much better though.

oh, and regarding your other post about the twisty, use without fear. while i hate that you are disappointed w/ your KL1, ill bet you find it is actually much more useful than your "whitewall" tests would indicate.

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
notos&w,

As I have examined it in the dark I find it is better than I thought.
I compared it with a TT-1L, a TT-2L, and a SL TL-2LED.

Although the TT-1L had a tighter spot, the mod was as good overall, even if not quite so far for throw.

The TT-2L was not nearly as bright in its LED mode as the mod, and that is not surprising. I have considered that plenty of light to walk trails in the dark. Of course, in the Xenon mode the TT-2L was clearly superior for distance.

As expected, the TL-2LED was a no contest winner.

The main thing I wanted the mod for was to have a good LED light in a very small size. It fulfills that purpose. If I want more light I will carry one of my other lights.

I think of it more as a parking lot security light than any thing else. I'll have to go to Walmart, and after checking with the security, see how it does in a parking lot.

I notice the S&W part of your user name. Have you forgiven S&W, and do you use many of their guns? I have several. I think they got back on track with the sale to the employees, if I am correct in who bought it. The Brits were never very logical in the gun control area.
Is there any advantage in using AA lithiums over the alkalines in the 2AA twistie? Except for cold weather I don't think of any advantage.

Have a good evening,
Jerry

notos&w

Enlightened
the advantage of litiums over alkalines for me are none. its not cold here and ive got so many blasted partially used AA's that the decreased runtime doesn't affect me economically.

as far as the S&W thing, it was not about their selling out to Clinton or being owned by the brits, although those things did nothing to help my dislike. my dissatisfaction was based on my ignorant purchase of a sigma. boy did i take a beating, emotionally, time-wise, and financially. im over it now and might buy an airlite in the future. i do not currenty own a smith. i too am glad they are back in american hands.