Bought a Surefire E2D Led Ultra today

Glockrex

Newly Enlightened
I stopped by my favorite local shop today and they still had that Surefire E2d Led Ultra for sale. I have an older E2d Led (120 lumens) I bought years ago. I'm happy with it, but 500 lumens out of a Surefire hand held light is very alluring. So I bought it today and have been playing around with it. It really is bright. Yes I do notice a green tint on a white wall, but it doesn't bother me that much. I don't hear a buzzing as others on this forum have mentioned. I'll post a picture here when I figure out how to.

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
That E2D throws!
Great deal you snagged there. I edc a E1D, single cell version. Doesn't throw as far as yours but great, wide beam.

Keep the old E2D, even with today's megalumen offerings 120 lumens then is still 120 lumens now.

adekorte85

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Surefire E2D ultra two months ago! Great throw and can't beat 500 lumens. I also have the Surefire E2D at 200 lumens, five years old. The ultra does have a very slight green tint on white walls, but doesn't bother me much. When you compare the tints of these two lights on white walls the older E2D at 200 lumens looks more blueish than white light!

The tints basically relative.

CanadianSurvivalCompany

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Surefire E2D ultra two months ago! Great throw and can't beat 500 lumens. I also have the Surefire E2D at 200 lumens, five years old. The ultra does have a very slight green tint on white walls, but doesn't bother me much. When you compare the tints of these two lights on white walls the older E2D at 200 lumens looks more blueish than white light!

The tints basically relative.
Thats the interesting part. The e2dl ive personally used for over 5 years has been used and abused. Anywhere from being driven over to left outside for several months when nights went under -40. Incredbly solid lights.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I stopped by my favorite local shop today and they still had that Surefire E2d Led Ultra for sale. I have an older E2d Led (120 lumens) I bought years ago. I'm happy with it, but 500 lumens out of a Surefire hand held light is very alluring. So I bought it today and have been playing around with it. It really is bright. Yes I do notice a green tint on a white wall, but it doesn't bother me that much. I don't hear a buzzing as others on this forum have mentioned. I'll post a picture here when I figure out how to.

Look at this guy been reading up on the SureFire green.
(I love it btw, bright like cool, gentle like warm imo)

Welcome to the site.
Minus 40. :huh: Fahrenheit or Centigrade? ;)

Both are pretty dang cold. Curious myself.
There was once a 'cold weather' question thread that never really went far except for what folks did to keep their hands warm... no real answers on good lights to use.

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
My LX2, E1D, TitanA and G2X LE all exhibit some green on low, never bothered me.

G2L LE also slightly green on high, I suspect the E2DL-U being greenish isn't by chance as well or an excuse for poorly chosen tint but selected according to SF philosophy.

CanadianSurvivalCompany

Newly Enlightened
Look at this guy been reading up on the SureFire green.
(I love it btw, bright like cool, gentle like warm imo)

Welcome to the site.

Both are pretty dang cold. Curious myself.
There was once a 'cold weather' question thread that never really went far except for what folks did to keep their hands warm... no real answers on good lights to use.
They are the same at this point. Exposed flesh can freeze in very little time. That being said the light fell in a snow bank so in theory would have been somewhat insulated. Still a cold night..

That is a major factor for me and members in our group. I have had issues with stream lights in this temp (aaa, cr123) fenix has held up will, surefire have had no issues as of yet. Olight is the next style to look at.

When its the end of the night, someone always manages to blow a bead or take a trail they never should have. This leads to recoveries in very cold circumstances. Having a light fail makes things very difficult.

Chozzehnwahn

Newly Enlightened
I'm interested in this light as well. Does anyone know if this light will run with a 16650? If so at what output?

Glockrex

Newly Enlightened
How do I post a picture? I don't see and option to upload or attach a picture.