Zoomable flashlight teardowm

Gomerpyle

Newly Enlightened
I bought a cheap zoomable flashlight and I want to take it apart. So far I am stuck at how to take apart the piece which slides so I can get at the led and driver. Anyone able to tell me how to this?

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF. Please give more info re the flashlight. Provide images, if possible.

Bill

Limu

Newly Enlightened
I bought a cheap zoomable flashlight and I want to take it apart. So far I am stuck at how to take apart the piece which slides so I can get at the led and driver. Anyone able to tell me how to this?
Funny. I was just playing with my cheap 18650 zoomie and thought, "I should take this apart for a look at its guts."

I haven't taken it apart yet, but do await any tips that may come from this thread.

BTW, I have an Outlite XML-T6.

It sucks.

pepekraft

Newly Enlightened
my guess is you unscrew the rim of the bezel which will let the lens out. What you do from there will depend on how cheap it is, but you'll get it.

Gomerpyle

Newly Enlightened
Nevermind. Figured it out. Remove lens cap. Hold on to led and turn flashlight body.

Gomerpyle

Newly Enlightened
Atomic Beam. It was at cvs. Impulse buy. I've been playing around with a plano ammo box using an sla battery and various ebay leds. The idea is to take out the innard of the flashlight, step down the volts and make a bright longer lasting light for fun and when the power is out.

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, yeah, this one.

It looks suspiciously like the infamous LumiTact G700 from last year. It's okay, so long as you don't pay too much...

Good luck with your mod.

Latest posts