Arc4+ clip or no clip?

bigred

Newly Enlightened
Alright, just out of curiosity, do you prefer the Arc4 with or without the clip? Please give an explanation.

Personally, I hadn't installed the clip since I received my Arc4+ last Thursday. I didn't think I'd like the look or feel of it. Just for the heck of it, I went ahead and installed it a few hours ago. I like it! I feel it gives me a better grip when clicking the tail button, and it prevents the light from rolling off a table when setting it down on its side. I find it also serves very well as a headlamp in a pinch, although it is a little on the heavy side. Some people had noticed that the end of the clip was not fitting tightly against the body of the light. Not so with mine, it is very tight and holds strongly. Maybe Peter made some modifications to the clip on the latest Arc4's. Looking forward to the feedback.

chiaroscuro

Enlightened
I use the clip about 75 % of the time,when wearing in pants pockets.It keeps the head/lens from being scratched and dinged by the change or various bits of hardware that normally resides in my pockets. I don't like wearing belt pouches. My clip was a little on the loose fit side, I tightened it up.

EmissionLine

Newly Enlightened
I was looking forward to the clip, since I EDC a knife with a clip and really like it.

After using it for a while, I took the clip off. It "bulked up" the light (compared to no clip). It pushed my pocket out too much when slid up against the rear edge of the pocket, and was uncomfortable near the front of the pocket. My clip has a small (1/16") gap, so it doesn't hold well, and I'm worried my $180 light will fall out of my pocket.

I'm glad Arc tried something new. It just doesn't work very well for _me_, the way I prefer to carry the light.

Hmm. I think IF we get a tailcap with a "bezel down" clip, AND I use the 2x123 configuration (if that'll even be a valid combination), then I might change my mind. Dunno why, exactly. Visualizing it, I think I'll like the feel of more of the light down in my pocket (more secure). This would also let me use SF filters / diffusers with the clip, as discussed in another thread.

Radagast

Enlightened
Mine had a gap, i fixed it with pliers and it's perfect. I use it a lot and it's something I felt the ls lacked. The look of it had grown on me, too.

Only thing I want to replace is the screws. I want torx that lie flush. I may have to adjust the holes a bit.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine has no gap, it fits nice and tight.

I can't decide if I like the clip or not. I like it sometimes off, and sometimes with it on (for anti-roll). It also gives you something more to grip. But it makes the light bigger.

I guess what I am saying is that I didn't expect to like the clip at all, but I like it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Would rather not have it, if need be - I prefer bezel down. I'd like to see an "option" to use it on the new tail switch guard.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a love-hate thing with the clip. It bulks it up but it lets me get a good grip on the body. I also clip it to clothing once in a while and also used it on the brim of a hat to make a headlamp. Bottom line is that I need it enough to make it a "necessity"

CM

Prolepsis

Enlightened
I like the clip, though I rarely use it. I carry my light in the ARC pouch for now. Sometimes, I will clip the light itself to my belt--however, I don't do this often, as I am a little worried as to whether my light might fall off...

Likebright

Enlightened
I put the clip on mine right out of the bag.
It keeps it up out of the way of the junk in my pocket.
I like it like it is,lens up so that change and keys don't scratch it.
If it is not tight enough just scrunch it with a pair of pliers padded with tape or Velcro or something. I just squeezed the top of mine a little and it fits great. No worry of it slipping out. Rather too tight than too louse.
CLIP ON for me.
Mike

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
i found the clip useful as it gave me a better grip on the light and allowed me to clip it to my pocket or bag, but i found the clip too high, making it jut out too much. i also didn't like having to lift the clip off the body everytime i wanted to unscrew the battery compartment to prevent the clip from scratching up the knurling, so in the end i removed it.

zoran

Enlightened
*** found one, thanks all ***

Reviving the old thread. I just acquired an Arc4+ and was wondering if anyone would have a clip that is not being used? Would you consider selling it?

If so, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Latest posts