Is the H600Fc III tint anything like the SC62c?

StorminMatt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Athough I generally prefer handheld lights to headlamps for hiking, I generally always carry a headlamp for those times when I need to use my hands for climbing or use my arms for balance on steep slopes. I usually carry my H600Fw. But lately, I have REALLY gotten into high CRI lights. And I like the idea of a bright, warm white, high CRI headlamp for hiking. This brings me to the H600Fc. What is the tint like? Is it anything like the SC62c? I REALLY like the tint of that light. I know that it uses a completely different emitter (Luxeon T). But is the tint of the warm white Easywhite XM-L2 in the H600Fc anything close to the Philips Luxeon T in that light?

dubliftment

Newly Enlightened
I just answered your question in another thread. so yes, go with the H600Fc III - an amazing High CRI headlamp with very good mode spacing. The tints and CRI of both the SC62c and H600Fc are great, Only thing I did was putting some tape over the lens on the SC62c because it is a tad too trowy for my purposes due to the smaller emitter. So it is a SC62Fc now.

The beam profile of the H600Fc is honestly the best I have ever seen. It even has some throw to it, but what you perceive is a evenly lit area where the colors just shine.

Last edited:

dubliftment

Newly Enlightened
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=42E7...21EE7!5705&parId=42E7C24BB6321EE7!139&o=OneUp

For my eyes, the H600Fc even has a slightly better color rendition - or more pleasant tint for that matter. I can't really put my finger on it nor measure, it just is the quality of the beam as such that makes the perfect light for me. In the picture above, although a "dirty cellphone pic", the difference is there and as subtle as in real life.

Camryn64

Newly Enlightened