• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Selling My own used mod Ultimate Dog Walker US only Li-Ion prototype.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am going to be going mobile in about 6months, so I am selling most of my , , , my everything, it is a long story, basically landlord died and I am endlessly dealing with probate.
Let's get this party started with the first light I will be selling.
These are prototype proof of concept lights that (at the time) were one of a kind no other one like it.
Because of their nature, with li-ion power, direct drive boost, and built in laser, they need to be sold to persons who understand such technology, not just handed to any persons who would not deal with it appropriately.

The UDW Priced at $100 USD OBO The light can be sold and shipped anywhere in the US ONLY , or you can stop by and pick it up in Livermore California.
Shipping and tracking is $15 You can text my cell at nine25 - 44Three - nine14three
attachment.php

Requires dog that gives a leap about a laser light to begin with, ALWAYS keep it from hitting the dog or people or airplanes.

attachment.php

A Cut 1D silver mag body, the original mag switch turns on the light at the regular level, sufficient light for walking a path

attachment.php

I had originally tried UCL glass for the face, but even it was not clear enough for the laser, so the plastic cap is over the mag, with a hole cut for the laser to sneak by

attachment.php

The laser can operate for hours, given the heat sinking it has. It turns on with the Red momentary button. The laser is not very pinpoint focused, the focus and laser module are locked into place with the pink stuff, copper infused J&B epoxy.

attachment.php

Very shortwave UV leds,were put in. originally I had the black light cheepies in there and they did not fluoresce dog urine, So I got some premium short wave leds, and they did not fluoresce dog urine either. I think you have to feed the dang dog anti-freeze before that actually works :) (don't be giving a dog antifreeze, or you could kill them).

Having a lot of trouble posting this, some modifications are still needed. leave me space to get the rest of the pictures in.

Attachments

• P1080475 copy.jpg
    P1080475 copy.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 264
  • P1080479 copy.jpg
    P1080479 copy.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 261
  • P1080488 copy.jpg
    P1080488 copy.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 258
  • P1080480 copy.jpg
    P1080480 copy.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 255
  • P1080478 copy.jpg
    P1080478 copy.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 260

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ultimate Dog Walker Page2 US only Li-Ion prototype.

attachment.php

P1080581.jpg
attachment.php

P1080579.jpg

attachment.php

P1080601.jpg

attachment.php

Direct drive has advantages and disadvantages. one advantage is it never shuts off on you leaving you in the dark, the disadvantage of that is it does not maintain the same level , it is much bright when there is much battery, and much dull when the battery is low.

P1080602.jpg

attachment.php

This light has in it a unprotected SAFT cell item, that is special. because it is unprotected extra care is needed , but the light itself will not drain the battery beyond spec, because the trigger voltage for the led gates is ~2.4v. even with the boost button pressed it takes days to reach that point.
The battery should be recharged when the light has terrible output, and it should not be left on for a week.

P1080603.jpg

Last edited:

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
3am on the dog walking path, where's the dog? I couldn't get the pics and keep the dog from getting the laser, without full attention to where the laser is pointed he had to stay home for this.
attachment.php

P1080606 copy.jpg

The laser points where the light points, which helps knowing where the laser is going to land
attachment.php

P1080607.jpg

Using optics instead of reflectors, my favorite because there is less ringing and backsplash, this particular light though is not a huge thrower, it lights the whole 8Feet of the path ahead of you.
attachment.php

P1080605.jpg

Lets fluoresce , show me the money
attachment.php

Pretty boring, drivers licenses, credit cards, and that hand stamp you got from dizzy land , they all show well.
P1080600.jpg

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beamshots, must have beamshots.

attachment.php

Ooooo is that smooth or what.

P1080610.jpg
not really that far from the wall
attachment.php

P1080611.jpg
Where will the laser land? In the center as designed. (yea just happened to be correct wing and a prayer style)
attachment.php

P1080613.jpg
This shows the artifact that the laser has, too late it was glued in solid before I saw it.
attachment.php

P1080612.jpg

Can the light use something other than a D-Cell li-ion battery? Sure it could use a 3X AA to D SERIES adapter, and some ni-mh rechargeable (best) or even alkalines (laughable) But it would have miserable capacity compared to a li-ion single D-cell item. It is possible a 32650 could fit with a spring adjustment. it is not boored out for other adaptions, the d-cell fits in it solidly runs for a long time, and is (li-ion) lightweight. There is no good reason to deviate from that.

Attachments

• P1080609.jpg
    P1080609.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
attachment.php

You can also see the laser artifact here and how it normally effects it, that green stuff on the street, it is not a reflection.
View attachment 3465

Can you see the laser Beam out across the sky? most certainly you can around here, it points at stars quite lovely.
Can you see the beam shoot across the room indoors? yes if it is mostly dark
Can you see the beam outdoors in the sun? Nope, but both me and the dog can see where the laser lands in the brightest of sunny days. Which was much of the point of getting the size of laser that it has in it. The dog can chase it night or day.

attachment.php

The position of the buttons is more intuitive than I would have thought. the boost is in the center and easiest to get to, the laser is way less likely to hit by accident off to the left side, the UV is much the same, a quick grab and push is most likely to hit the light itself, on full, in an instant.
dsc01043.jpg

What can't it do?
Any of the 3 momentary buttons fire up the selected item immediately.
with the mag switch OFF , you can hit the laser the boost or the UV .
because of that the light would have to be locked out for transport, Bad in a backpack, great on a shelf, where you can grab and go.
are there any parasitic drains on the battery? nope leave the battery in there for storage if you want.

Does it come with a battery? Sure does comes with an amazing SAFT battery, but you should replace it with a protected premium quality D-cell eventually. This SAFT battery is for experiments and is not designed for consumers, any more than the rest of the light was.

attachment.php

P1080493.jpg
You go Dog!

Last edited:

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just checked the Saft special (unprotected) li-ion battery that it uses and it is still in great shape, coming in at 4500ma for real.
The assembly of this whole thing costs more than I am selling it for and all of it still works great.
battery alone was $50 and apparently well worth every penny , the machine shop work for the laser heat sink was more than $50, cut mags were $40 , Tri-Star heat sinks $? , three cree stars, a very special laser module for that time, and My time, and it has been tested off and on for years.
Please Buy me, so I can support myself through this gooberment probate garbage.