BD Icon

Iceclimbr

Newly Enlightened
New here, so I'm hoping this is in the proper area. I have a black diamond
icon head lamp. Nothing special, but my wife got it for me as a gift. It was recently dropped in salt water while surf fishing. I've disassembled, rinsed with distilled water, cleaned with qtips,
etc. It still doesn't work. Question: is it possible to replace just the front unit of the head lamp? Can I replace it with something? Is it even worth it? Thanks!

~chris

WDR65

Enlightened
Give Black Diamond's customer service a call and explain what happened. I've had good luck with them on a similar problem in the past. Their number is 800-775-5552.

dirkomatic

Newly Enlightened
Yes, Black Diamond should be able to help. I kind of doubt it's the head unit that's the issue, though. Most likely the battery compartment. They sell that as a replacement part...

insanefred

Enlightened
New here, so I'm hoping this is in the proper area. I have a black diamond
icon head lamp. Nothing special, but my wife got it for me as a gift. It was recently dropped in salt water while surf fishing. I've disassembled, rinsed with distilled water, cleaned with qtips,
etc. It still doesn't work. Question: is it possible to replace just the front unit of the head lamp? Can I replace it with something? Is it even worth it? Thanks!

~chris

Not related:

A teammate in my SAR unit has a BD Icon fail on him while in the field. Being really careful changing batteries he managed to get 1 small drop of water inside the battery compartment (it was raining all day), tried wiping it off, the light never worked since. :shakehead