Not life and death, but...

blindedbythenight

Enlightened
What are you experiences of your torch/flashlight saving the day? I don't mean finding your keys when you dropped them in the garden kind of thing but the slightly more exciting escapades...perhaps your car broke down in the countryside and without your torch you wouldn't have been able to navigate your way to civilization? Maybe you were on a tour of a cave and the tour guides own torch gave up and you took the bragging rights? Share your stories.

Tre_Asay

Enlightened
I went riding quads/atv in the winter with my uncle.
He was hauling a big trailer with a razor and our gear. We had the adults in one trailer and the kids sleeping in the other. I left my thrunite t10 on low tailstanding as a nightlight for two nights. We stayed late the last day and when we were done loading up it was already dark.

My uncle ended up stuck in deep dust so I handed my flashlight (the only one handy) to someone and started to help dig out the tires and used logs as ramps. It took over an hour and I had to replace the battery once. The person holding my flashlight helped by shining it at where we were digging.
My taste in flashlights has changed since then but I always carry a flashlight that can be used as a night light and run well on high.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had a lot of little things that happen that have been made easier to handle thanks to the use of my lights. A couple of wrecks that I helped direct traffic at until first responders showed up (no one was injured so we focused on keeping traffic moving), been many of nights we have ended up working later than planned and on a farm that means you usually work by vehicle headlights or flashlights, a couple of storms, etc. Based on these different events though I now edc (whether on my person or in my edc bag) a light for most of the common things I may encounter. 3 regular lights, one headlamp, and one lantern stay with me all the time along with extra batteries.

blindedbythenight

Enlightened
I went riding quads/atv in the winter with my uncle.
He was hauling a big trailer with a razor and our gear. We had the adults in one trailer and the kids sleeping in the other. I left my thrunite t10 on low tailstanding as a nightlight for two nights. We stayed late the last day and when we were done loading up it was already dark.

My uncle ended up stuck in deep dust so I handed my flashlight (the only one handy) to someone and started to help dig out the tires and used logs as ramps. It took over an hour and I had to replace the battery once. The person holding my flashlight helped by shining it at where we were digging.
My taste in flashlights has changed since then but I always carry a flashlight that can be used as a night light and run well on high.
Good to hear an endurance story of a thrunite [emoji2]

blindedbythenight

Enlightened
I've had a lot of little things that happen that have been made easier to handle thanks to the use of my lights. A couple of wrecks that I helped direct traffic at until first responders showed up (no one was injured so we focused on keeping traffic moving), been many of nights we have ended up working later than planned and on a farm that means you usually work by vehicle headlights or flashlights, a couple of storms, etc. Based on these different events though I now edc (whether on my person or in my edc bag) a light for most of the common things I may encounter. 3 regular lights, one headlamp, and one lantern stay with me all the time along with extra batteries.
What headlamps do you favour?

CoherentRays

Newly Enlightened
Last edited: