countycomm dollar LEDs with on/off switch

FlameOn

Enlightened
Last year I picked up 20 for 20 of the disposable squeeze lights...now I see they have dollar switch lights that you can actually replace the battery...looks like a great deal fi they work well...any commnets either way?

http://www.countycomm.com/light10.htm

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
The new ones are great. You might get a dead one or two, but CC gives you extra from what I read. I got 40 and three were on and almost dead when I got them. Some of the others counted them, but I think most of the guys were like me and thought for this price who cares. After I read that there were extra I tried to figure out how many I got (I had given some away already) and I think I received 43 to 46. So if you get a dead one you might want to count them before saying anything. I need to get more and I might get some red ones too.

drs2000

Newly Enlightened
I've picked up about 500 or so by now. Wonderful deal. Nice folks at Ccomm. Gave away lots. Many happy folks. Easy to mod, as well. Go for it!

Yours, drs the crazed..

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read somewhere that the batteries could be purchased for something like 40 cents each, but I don't recall where.

Jerry

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can get batteries for .30-.40 each, but it takes two batteries. For that kind of money, just get new $1.00 lights. Everyone I have given the CC lights (new ones with on/off switch) to, love them.

Mike

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please take a look at this thread - with pics and comparative beamshots (vs. Photon and Inova) -
as well as useful posts about batteries and low price sources.

20 for $20 LED Lights

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've given them to folks who were not flashaholics and hence not aware of the more refined LED keychain lights likea Photon 3 and they were amazed at these lights. Wish I was thinking, some were so amazed, I could have gotten away with giving them as Christmas gifts and saved a pile of money.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Although I don't advocate cannibalising a perfectly good flashlight for its batteries, it can be done with the Countycomm $1 flashlights because of their inexpensiveness.
If the light output or beam quality pisses you off, you can just take the batteries out and use them in something else that has better light output and/or better beam quality, and not pay $3 to $6 apiece for the cells at your local camera or drug store.