pay pal password???

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I just took advantage of some County Comm specials and have ordered a few lights from them.They have great stuff but only accept PayPal.I registered with them and secured an account with a Visa card sending payment for my lights.
Now shortly after my purchase I received 2 e-mails.The first was a confirmation on my order from pay pal and the second was a message asking me to verify my password.
It appeared to be from the same source and stated thank you for creating your account and provided a link asking me to activate my account by confirming my password.
I received some past advice on this from members and I believe I read that PayPal will never ask for your password on line by e-mail.
I did not check the link yet and have not gave my password.I am hoping that I will receive my products however am curious if this is a valid step required for my order to proceed.
Any one who has recently created an account can you tell me if this e-mail is valid?It seemed that my order went through just fine and I already confirmed my pass code when I first created my account.Is this something I should worry about?
Thanks for any help on this.

Robocop

OK..I think I figured it out finally.I just checked their actual web site and it still shows my transaction in my account history but lists me as un-verified.
States I have 120 days to agree to their terms and verify my info.
Is it possible to use this service once to purchase from stores that only accept PayPal and not actually confirm or agree to be an actual member?
I like the idea of just using them to purchase the occasional item without any further commitment.

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are legit. But do be aware of hackers attempting to get info. I think you'll find PP very convenient to use once you're all set up and verified, especially here on CPF. If you go that route, I'd recommend linking a bank account or putting money in your PP account. There are some who won't take funds if they are by credit card or they will charge you extra because those accounts that can accept CC have to pay fees.

By the way, you can order from CountyComm and give them CC info over the phone or by fax, but it's not as fast as internet.

Robocop

Thanks for the help KiteLights as one can never be too careful.So will I still get my order if I do not verify my account?It seems like I was set up to use this account once for my order and I have to verify to use it for future orders.
I also spoke to CountyComm by phone and they stated they like to use PayPal as it is cheaper for them the seller.
Seems that they pay a higher percent for phone transactions by creditcard vs PayPal.They did say that there is a fee involved for them if using credit card by pay pal however it does not effect the customer...very classy bunch of people over at CountyComm.They were helpful and very well up on their light information.
I think I may just keep my credit card on file with them and use it for future buying.I am not really comfortable with linking my actual bank account as the Visa offers some additional protection.I would imagine that most places simply add any fees to the cost of the product so I really am not very worried about that.With CountyComm prices I am actually happy to pay a little extra fee if needed but they advised me that they eat the fees for credit transactions....like I said very classy company to do business with.
Thanks for the help.and I am still thinking on activating my permanent status.It would come in handy for purchases from individual members here.I notice that many use this for buying from various modders here.I have actually thought of several members who I would like to purchase items from when available.