keychain flashlight EDC

xoomoon

Newly Enlightened
HI guys,
I"m new here and I'm looking for a small handy flashlight that I can have on my key chain at work.
I want it to be small enough to put in my pants and not even notice it.
What's your favorite/recommend and why?

Thanks.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Consider doing a google search here on this forum. Narrowing your requirements and desires can help us recommend something as well. To get started, consider the Nitecore Tube and upcoming TIP. There are many options though, better than the Nitecore models mentioned, for certain uses.

ven

Flashaholic
Cooyoo quantum has not left my side for a good while now, small enough to not notice being a 10180 fed light. USB for easy top up charging with no cell removal makes a great keychain light. Several flavours to choose from, i have a stainless on my keys right now simply because it holds up so well against key and coin fights!

tex.proud

Enlightened
My first tiny light, and attempt to carry a light on my keychain. The Factor Ghost130

IMG_20160828_174511_zpshopfjhg3.jpg

There's a lot out there, and I'm sure you'll get some great suggestions here. This is just an inexpensive one that I have recently decided to try.

ven

Flashaholic
Cooyoo

At some point soon and coming to a key chain near me............

It is actually lighter than it looks, fed a diet of an AAA loop for the foreseeable...............

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Tube on my keychain, and have never had any problems with accidental turn on. I also carry a Streamlight Microstream AAA in my pocket. It is small enough and light enough that I don't even feel it, and sometimes forget that it is there.

Unclebbob46

Newly Enlightened
Consider doing a google search here on this forum. Narrowing your requirements and desires can help us recommend something as well. To get started, consider the Nitecore Tube and upcoming TIP. There are many options though, better than the Nitecore models mentioned, for certain uses.

Ive been carrying two on my keychain, one of which Ive carried daily for over 6 years.
1. Nitecore Tube. GREAT little light. Well built. Good, long lasting light on high. Has been thru washing machine twice now- NO PROBLEMS. I give it two thumbs up. Bought one for my gf.
2. Inova Microlight. Been using this light now for over 6 years. Mine has a green light, and I can shine a coons eyes in a tall tree with it. Has a high, low & strobe. The thing is unreal handy. USA MADE & under $7.
I have on order the Nitecore TIP. Cant wait for this light...check it out. Ill put up my thoughts on it when it arrives & Ive used it a little.

bykfixer

Flashaholic

The PK PL-2 previously mentioned on my key chain as an added 'tool'.
Feeds off a triple a sized rechargeable or store bought.

It's a 110 lumen number with a 10 lumen low. A twist counter clock wise of the head for on, repeat for off, repeat for low and repeat for off.

Without it...

With it.

Last edited:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ven got me the CooYoo and it's a nifty little light that's a bit shorter in length than the AAA type lights, like my Olight i3s. It's a USB li-ion based light that gives us about ~130LM for about 30 minutes and it has ~30LM low, so two modes. If money is an issue, the Olight i3e lights can be had for ~$15.

The CooYoo is a bit more cash than the Olight, but it's unobtrusive on a keychain.

Chris

smithy18772

Newly Enlightened
i have an old led lenser K1 i think it is correct me if im wrong and it runs on 4x LR44 button cells and its been on my keys now for years.
I have just got a new one though the DQG hobi its an awesome little light and has some impressive output for such a tiny light.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
ThruNite TiS. Being stainless steel it wears excellent, looks nice yet small enough that it can be found in a pocket but not noticeable for size. By far my favorite EDC

ven

Flashaholic
ThruNite TiS. Being stainless steel it wears excellent, looks nice yet small enough that it can be found in a pocket but not noticeable for size. By far my favorite EDC

+1, mine has took a beating for a long time now and still looks like i have just bought it!
2nd from the right

SteveAZ

Newly Enlightened
+1 on the Nitecore Tube. They are very inexpensive ($10), very slim and small, internal recharger that uses the micro-USB everybody has and what I give away to people knowing they will have them for a long time, always find them useful and appreciate them.

I am a sucker for any light that will do red too and the Nitecore Thumb is slightly larger, but twice as bright and also has a red mode...

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
looking for a small handy flashlight that I can have on my key chain

in order of size, smallest/lightest weight first
Photon (not rechargeable, plastic body) By far the least noticeable on a keyring.
Pico (not rechargeable, aluminum body)
Ghost, Quantum, Peanut, Hobi, Spy (usb rechargeable, choices include stainless, copper, brass, titanium)
Tube (usb rechargeable, plastic body)
Olight i3s uses non rechargeable AAA (separate rechargeable optional, aluminum body)
Tip CRI (usb rechargeable, aluminum body, High CRI) Recommended!
Thrunite Ti3 (non rechargeable AAA, separate rechargeable optional, aluminum, stainless, titanium options). Personally I do not recommend these as I find the low mode too low to be useful.

most of these are Cool White, Spy was offered in Warm White with High CRI but is unavailable, the TipCRI is the only Warm White High CRI option on the list, that is currently available afaik

Last edited: