Any Remington 870 owners?

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just purchased my first firearm and was wondering anyone else here on CPF has a 870? Was looking at the Benelli Nova, but Surefire doesn't make a Weaponlight for it. The 10 day waiting period is killing me!

Anyone know if the KL6 will work with the 918FA Weaponlight?

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
870's are great shotguns. My second shotgun was an 870, still own it but It's with the relatives out of state (damn NYC laws). Large aftermarket parts supply for the 870 not to mention some good custom work available for them. I never put a light on mine cause it's a hunter.

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

chumley

Enlightened
I have a police model 870, it has a 20 inch cylinder barrel with a parkerized finish. I think it is a very reliable design, used by many law enforcement agencies. I don't know anything about mounting lights however.

pal251

Newly Enlightened
Dont they use different heads on the weaponlights? Try calling surefire and asking them i am sure they would be happy to help you.

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a 870 and love it, but I is a hunter also. Wouldn't know about putting a light on it. My home defender is a Mossberg shorty.

notos&w

Enlightened
ive got an 870 (w/ second 18.1 inch barrel for home use) and a nova. both are great and will get the job done w/ a fuss.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my 870 12g but can't put a light on it as I use it to hunt. The parkerized finish is awesome my gun pictured below is at least 18 years old but you could never tell. It has a fully rifled barrel and with Remington's new Premier Core-Lokt Ultra Bonded Sabot 385 grain Slugs it will shoot accurately at 200 yards. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

870%20-1.JPG

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody know where I can get an 18' bbl or short forearm?

Lux_Luminous

Enlightened
Short "law enforcement" forearms are available from
Remington (call them for a LE parts list). They are also
available from Scattergun technologies. Do a google search
or use the above link.

Short barrels aren't too hard to find. You can also have one
cut down (to the legal length of 18" in CA) for about $50.00
at a gunsmith. Scattergun technologies will also do that for
you if you ship your BBL in (shotguns have their own Abbreviations.
In other states, you can have even shorter
barrels but have to pay a small Federal fee and do some
paperwork.

Feel free to PM me for 870 shotgun info! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

"Lux" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone one tried the low recoil 00 tactical buckshot from Federal?

jtivat, accurate at 200 yards /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif ? First time I shot a slug I missed at 10.

Looks like I won't be getting a Weaponlight soon, school started today and I will be needing to buy a lot of textbooks, supplies, etc.

One funny thing though, some of the guys at Shotgunworld.com use a Minimag 2AA as their Weaponlight. IMO that does nothing but give away your location.

guncollector

Enlightened
I have the auto version, a Remington 11-87 Police, extending mag tube, Vang Comp'd, Side-saddle shell holder, Extended Loading Gate lever, and a Surefire 620S Weaponlight.

I find great comfort with it at home in confronting any potential anti-social behavior by trespassers.

Have had some feed-related problems using the "light/tactical" rounds--one of the disadvantages to using an auto--so I stick with stiff stuff.

chr00t

Newly Enlightened
I have Winchester 1300 model with 18" barrel. Wonder why everyone prefer Remington 870 shotgun?

My shotgun can do slug, 00 buckshot, and any shells like 870 does.