Acebeam K70 Flashlight Video Review and Comparison. (4x 18650, XHP35 HI)

mhanlen

Enlightened
Review: Acebeam K70

Ok... I know this light has been out for a few months now- but I'm just now getting my hands on one. I think the general consensus is "WOW," and I just have to agree with that sentiment. In the review I do comparisons with other big throwers, go over the UI, test outputs, and walk around with it at night. Everything is nice and in focus, and shot with decent cameras. Bestlight.io provided this flashlight for review and testing purposes. Hope you like the review- thanks for watching!

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for your informative review. The timing of the appearance of your review is interesting. I ordered mine from Vinh a few days ago, it went into the mail today.

I chose to purchase this light because:

I do not have a upper range dedicated thrower in my collection.

Holster is included.

Vens' killer beamshots.

User configurable batteries, no need to drag additional charger around.

Stainless steel bezel; lights with stainless steel bezels look like a million bucks.

Smooth reflector, just looks nicer than crinkly reflectors.

Upper limit of throw, without extra extra head diameter, and without extra extra weight.

Single emitter provides lovely dedicated thrower beam profile.

Not an all arounder, but lights that widen the spectrum of a collection are usually not all arounders.

Nice build quality in addition to the relatively nice price.

mhanlen

Enlightened
All good points. The beam pattern on this one is nice... And even though it's a cool white- it doesn't seem to bother me. The hot spot is so intense at close ranges you don't often stare into it. You'll like it- it's a high quality light all around.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
A comparison between the K70 and the Thrunite TN42 would be cool. It also comes in both cool and neutral white.

Just a thought :popcorn:

ven

Flashaholic
Great video as always, thanks for the time and effort:thumbsup: My k70vn out of all the throwers is my fav,there is not much in it from my old tk61vn to my eyes, yet 2600lm . So more brighter/useful spill which i like, i also really like the control ring UI. To top the package off, its a really nice looking light(subjective) and of high build quality.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
My k70vn out of all the throwers is my fav...i also really like the control ring UI. To top the package off, its a really nice looking light(subjective) and of high build quality.

+1

Thanks to you and a few others here I now [hands down] prefer the CR-UI over the two button UI of the TM16 and TK75.

Being able to choose the [desired] output level BEFORE turning the light on has proven invaluable on many occasions.

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the excellent review mhanlen! I loved the reference to the bear blinding military flashlight. I'm all over flashlight humour obviously. :D

The K70 is a big step in the evolution of single die throwers. It will soon be beaten, no doubt, but it is the new standard. :)

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
The K70 is a benchmark big reflector single emitter super thrower. Kind of what a new TK61 should be. K70 gets all the big thrower marks right. It is just to good to pass up so I have one on order. Vs the Thrunites there is no comparison. Now I am just pulling my hair out trying to figure out what cells are the best for the light. Fact that it comes with a holster put it over the top for me

ven

Flashaholic
You don't need anything too high rated CC, however I still either use 10a 3500mah LG's or Samsung 30Q's.

Congrats :D

tops2

Enlightened
Thanks for the review. Totally not my type of light so never looked into it nor read any review. But after your video..wow! While still still not a light for me, I can see why people like it! Great review!

mhanlen

Enlightened
Great video as always, thanks for the time and effort:thumbsup: My k70vn out of all the throwers is my fav,there is not much in it from my old tk61vn to my eyes, yet 2600lm . So more brighter/useful spill which i like, i also really like the control ring UI. To top the package off, its a really nice looking light(subjective) and of high build quality.

All true. It has a usable amount of spill for walking around. If the hot spot is too bright at closer ranges just use a lower mode.

+1

Thanks to you and a few others here I now [hands down] prefer the CR-UI over the two button UI of the TM16 and TK75.

Being able to choose the [desired] output level BEFORE turning the light on has proven invaluable on many occasions.

It's very easy to use. You can count the clicks in the dark for the right level. I also love my armytek predator pro... I always know what mode that one is on too. I wish more lights operated like that.

Thanks for the excellent review mhanlen! I loved the reference to the bear blinding military flashlight. I'm all over flashlight humour obviously. :D

The K70 is a big step in the evolution of single die throwers. It will soon be beaten, no doubt, but it is the new standard. :)

I tag my videos now with that crap, in hopes it comes up in searches for those lights.

You don't need anything too high rated CC, however I still either use 10a 3500mah LG's or Samsung 30Q's.

The rewrapped and protected Panasonic GAs work well for me.

Thanks for the review. Totally not my type of light so never looked into it nor read any review. But after your video..wow! While still still not a light for me, I can see why people like it! Great review!

Yeah... for most people an EDC is plenty. Heck, I can look around my backyard (100-200 feet) at night with the 139 lumen mode on my Zebralight and see just fine. It's an impressive light, but not necessary for most people.

Theodore41

Enlightened

I use either the pink 30Qs,or the red GAs.And I am fully satisfied from them.As for the K70,I measured 20K more with the 30Qs.:)

ven

Flashaholic
That's impressive ! That's what is in mine for now

I can't tell by eye tbh, my lowest cells are 10a iirc, most in the lights are 20a LG or 25R/30Q. Have 4 new GA's stored as spares at 3.6v.

Next to the k60vn which is an awesome all round light!

k70vn(around 2600 OTF and 570kcd) factory was measured around 2300 iirc

k60vn(around 4500 OTF and 200kcd)

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Everytime I see the Acebeam K70 mentioned, I'm curious how my SureFire UDR Dominator compares to it? The UDR isn't talked about much (I know it's kinda expensive) but I love how far it throws and how bright the spill is! It lights up stuff I can't even see clearly in the daytime! Just guessing from those beamshots of the k70 and k60, I would say it's somewhere in between for beam profile, thought the spill brightness look more like the K60.