Anybody know how to build this?

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi! Welcome to CPF! I don't know anything about auto body/spray, but this looks like a unique product that would be expensive to duplicate, especially if you want dual lights, solvent resistance and a recharging system. Otherwise, it's "just" a flashlight with a specific LED light source. I didn't look, but figure it'd sell for $400-500, much like high-end dive or bicycle lights.

Have you asked the company if they will make an adapter for your spray gun? Or perhaps a local machine shop could make some sort of adapter rig.

You could possibly just buy 2 appropriate flashlights and rig up a mount. Maybe protect the flashlights with clear glass lenses (cleanable) and cover the lights with a plastic bag. The harder problem is finding a regular flashlight with the LED you need - the only ones I know of are the Nichia 219A or B high CRI (color rendering index) 92 or higher, at 4500K color temperature. I have some and they are indeed awesome for color accuracy, but I also have some at 4000K. I had to retrofit the flashlights with separately bought LEDs and the colors still varied a bit. There are dozens of available Nichia 219A/Bs available in many outputs and colors, making it very hard to buy a ready-made light with confidence in the color accuracy or match. Also, you need to find a flashlight with the form factor and battery system you want, balancing runtime with size and safety.