M3XS- UT / Red filter for night hunting on AR15?

ateupwithgolf

Enlightened
So I bought an AR15 for a coyote problem on the farm, I have several lights I could use as a weapon light, but my Olight m3xs-ut will be my longest throwing for the size (my mount is 1"). I already have an optic so not interested in night vision or IR stuff, just wanted to use what I have. I was thinking I could buy a red filter to go over the Olight if needed.

Anybody ever used this light on a weapon? If so, did you try the red filter?

just like me

Banned
So I bought an AR15 for a coyote problem on the farm,

I realize my reply is going to cause a three ring circus in this new thread, so I'll preface my response by asking that I please be ignored by anyone with anacdotal or personal experience with coyotes that wishes to reply to my post specifically. I hope that will stay the crazy dissent that will occur anytime anyone says anything about guns or killing.

You will never solve your coyote problem with an AR15. In the same exact sense, you cannot solve a problem with rats or roaches with an AR15. It is a waste of time. Unless you simply want to hunt coyote for the sake of hunting, which is an absolutely valid endeavor for anyone with an AR15 or any firearm or weapon or bare hands, your coyote problems will remain no matter how many you kill. The most effective coyote control methods to date involve education and coyote hazing.

ateupwithgolf

Enlightened
"The most effective coyote control methods to date involve education and coyote hazing."

Thanks, I didn't know there was a school for coyotes! Yes, let's get them off the streets and into the classroom. Tax dollars at work.

On second thought, it's my farm, so I'll just shoot the coyotes.

MX421

Enlightened
"The most effective coyote control methods to date involve education and coyote hazing."

From the link in the article:
"Hazing is an activity or series of activities conducted to reinstill the natural fear of humans back into coyotes. It is often as simple as making yourself loud (by yelling or using homemade noisemakers) and large (by standing tall and waving your arms).
Communities including Denver, Vancouver, and Los Angeles have successfully used hazing to reverse undesirable behavior in their coyote populations."

IMO an AR15 is perfect noisemaker for Hazing...might kill a couple as well.

To get back on track, i got an Armytek Barracuda and a red filter i plan on hunting hogs with. Haven't done it yet, but the filter seems like it will work well for the situation.