Lens replacement for ld12

Mervmaster

Newly Enlightened
My beloved fenix ld12, having suffered Through 4 years of welding, and at least 6 months of being run over by concrete trucks, finally has encountered it's first problem- 6 minutes after I let a new guy use it.

He had it facing up while welding overhead and dripped slag on the lens, which cracked immediately.

Does anyone sell replacement lenses?

Is the head even take-apart-able?

I feel like I'm going to cry, it's my longest carried item. Daily for almost 5 years, except the 6 my months it was buried in the driveway getting run over.

Thanks guys.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
flashlightlens.com has a large selection of lens sizes to choose from. They probably have something that will fit.

However, before you can put in a new lens, you'll need to get the light apart. Unfortunately, Fenix tends to use a lot of loctite to seal the heads of their lights. Getting it apart might be extremely difficult.

Mervmaster

Newly Enlightened
K
flashlightlens.com has a large selection of lens sizes to choose from. They probably have something that will fit.

However, before you can put in a new lens, you'll need to get the light apart. Unfortunately, Fenix tends to use a lot of loctite to seal the heads of their lights. Getting it apart might be extremely difficult.
But where does it come apart? Does the PCB thread out and remove all the guts?

Or does it split at this seam?

9d44bf47652154be4d40e25b7d23ed60.jpg

Followed by, what lens size should I order? The head diameter is 20.5 mm and the lens is recessed into the bezel, so i know it's smaller that 20.5.

Do I just have to get it out first?

[emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24]

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
flashlightlens.com is the answer but getting that head apart is going to be tough as its glued at the factory

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bwing that the LD12 is still in production, you might be able to Conant fenix outfitters/fenix-store and see if they can help you out. For a small fee they may replace the lens for you since they are the authorized Fenix repair center for north america.

wolfgaze

Enlightened
Also just an FYI - Fenix should be releasing an updated version of the LD12 very soon... There was a recent thread on here and I saw photos of it... It will have the stainless steel sidebutton like the rest of their updated LD lineup features... I didn't look closely enough to compare the differences between the newest model and the older one...