Review: Olight S1R (2016.10.05 updated with info on new S1R version)

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
Thanks to Olight, received a unit of S1R about 2 days ago for testing and review purpose.
The first thing that catches my eye is the new printed design on the package. The purplish-blue goes well with the blue PVD coated switch ring and bezel.
mNszoJi.jpg

The other 3 sides:
8lpNaCl.jpg

JHJOksc.jpg

IpAI6wv.jpg

Let's take a look at some unboxing pics.
pYFCzRy.jpg

Reminder to remove the insulating film before use.

yYA1nAX.jpg

Upon pulling out the card holding the light, a brown-coloured pouch is the first thing that grab my attention instead of the light. It's a nice gesture... if it's for the charging cable storage then it's a little bulky, and for ladies, they would already have a nice LV, Hermes or Chanel handbag, for us guys, we would have our concealable-tactical-waterproof-indestructible-big.brother.proof.quantum.encryption.dna.locked black-ops case for the cable storage. well, it's still a nice gesture.

Now some steps to remove the flashlight. Olight is not using the rubber o-ring to hold the flashlight in place for this new S1R release, instead, they make use of the clip.
First, turn over to the back side of the cardboard, and push the Olight S1R downward, follow the arrow direction...
sA0t2SB.jpg

next, push the clip through the opening, follow the arrow direction...
TwvF510.jpg

then, gently pull the Olight S1R away from the cardboard, again, follow the arrow direction, remember, g-e-n-t-l-y pull it away as you don't want to hurt the feeling of the cardboard for separating them apart. :nana:
8DgCiQl.jpg

Let's see what's included. A user manual, the brown pouch, a USB magnetic charging cable (MCC for short), a lanyard with threading pin (very thoughtful inclusion! and I promise this will be the last time I'm gonna praise Olight for this coz I think I've save enough threading pins to poke... err... I mean thread any flashlight pin hole for the rest of my flashaholic life!).
48Qr4P6.jpg

oh ya, almost missed it, the S1R Baton flashlight (see, I told you that brown pouch is a distraction!)

The user manual, as a record.
yMAHDek.jpg

and a higher resolution picture (2048 x 1466) is available at the following link
http://i.imgur.com/GBHmF6Q.jpg

The essential pieces that make up the Olight S1R flashlight
jAMS6pp.jpg

Close-up on the Olight S1R
zpLIMTF.jpg

4rL8WxN.jpg

yup, that's my serial number. feel free to buy a lottery ticket with it if you feel kinda lucky today.

the "550mAh 5C RCR123A Battery", remember that nipple/button facing the butt-end of the flashlight.
u1A0dbr.jpg

the shiny ring surrounding the button top is the negative contact for tail-charging.

inside of the tail-cap
jVv70p2.jpg

outside of the tail-cap
IeLbYfU.jpg

note that with the "customized 550mAh 5C RCR123A Battery", you can check the battery voltage without taking the battery out. just touch your multimeter's negative test lead to the round gold-plated button at the center and positive test lead to the silver outer ring and you'll get a voltage reading. Note that this only works with the customized Olight battery ORB-163C05.

Peeking inside the S1R flashlight body, the negative terminal spring contact.
8RToXPe.jpg

According to the user manual, we should charge the S1R before first use... let's have a look at the charging accessories now.
Connecting the MCC to a USB charger
ugOL3lc.jpg

Attached the MCC to S1R (actually, the MCC snap to the back of the S1R when you move them close enough).
ybArBNB.jpg

it's drawing ~750mA. indicator turns red while charging.

when finish charging, it draws 0 power from the charger. indicator turns green.
XAefzBI.jpg

btw, you can still use the flashlight while charging, all modes available.

Let's compare the S1R to other S series.
OpOJdVL.jpg

74GztHH.jpg

TsWpK0N.jpg

3CpZ75i.jpg

Now, the modes on the S1R and ways to get to it. check out the UI flowchart below
From off...
KI5I67B.jpg

From on...
LlbrjhR.jpg

What's new (well, at least to me), is the lockout capability. and it can only be access from Off... obviously...

To lockout the light from accidental switched-on, you will need to switch off your light, press and hold the button and continue to hold after moon-mode comes on, it will turn off in approximately 1 second after moon-mode comes on. That's when you know you have your light in lockout... or... you can try clicking it once and this will happen...
nD5NUDJ.jpg

a dim red glow on the S1R button, it will stay on after click for ~4 seconds.
To unlock, press and hold the button for ~2 seconds or until moon-mode comes on (which is a better indicator).

Update 2016.09.02: Mode Memory
pxQkg4w.jpg

The High and Turbo will reset back to Medium mode after 10 minutes of inactivity, meaning if you leave the light off in High or Turbo mode for more than 10 minutes, the light will reset back to Medium mode. As a matter of fact, the S1A, S2A inherit the same mode memory settings too.

For your information, the red glow is also use for another condition, more on that later.

(note: all videos are taken under exposed for easier comparisons)

I'm curious about the 30-second Turbo step down, I recorded a video of the step-down in relative to other flashlights.
Comparing S1R Turbo Runtime with S1A and S2A. From left, Olight S2A, Olight S1A, Olight S1R

20 seconds (the S1R starts at 16th second), you may be able to pickup that Olight S1R gradually increase the brightness to Turbo...
wuw095J.jpg

47 seconds
nNiDMje.jpg

this is where step-down was first detected...

1 minute 9 seconds
57DBO6X.jpg

1 minute 28 seconds
Z3Uwkom.jpg

2 minutes
6Uu3Tev.jpg

With my ageing eyesights, I can't really tell in actual usage if there is any difference between the S1A 600 lumens and the S1R 900 lumens, the recorded video feed my curiosity that the S1R is indeed brighter at Turbo 900 lumens.

Although Olight says we should use their battery to get to the Turbo mode, I can't help but wonder if there are other batteries that can support the high current draw... so I venture out...
found some old AW IMR 16340 550mAh battery that I used for my Incan. here is one of them.
ZNP53p1.jpg

however, using this aged battery is like going on a roller coaster ride...

here is a short video to show that sinking feeling...
Running S1R with aged AW IMR 16340

3 seconds??? what-the-*beep* so I tested other AW IMR cells and none can go above 9 seconds on Turbo. sigh!

oh, did you notice that red glow on the S1R button? I'm guessing it's a warning/alert that the battery cannot support the required high drain. It's could also be an indicator that the battery has aged and time to get a replacement (that is, for the included high-drain Olight ORB-163C05 battery).

not giving up, and since I can't get new AW IMR cell easily now, I turn my search to protected cells...
w5se9Ov.jpg

From top, Olight ORB-163C05 (included with S1R), Olight ORB-163P06 (new), KeepPower P1634C ver. 2015 (new), Fenix ARB-L16-700 (new)

is4ndTe.jpg

aSNDWMd.jpg

My first surprise, the Olight ORB-163P06 can't deliver the required current draw to power Turbo mode. The light actually switch-off when switching to Turbo mode. And I can't turn the flashlight on until I unscrew/loosen the tail-cap and tighten it back again. I'm guessing the protection circuit kicks in.

My Second surprise, the Fenix ARB-L16-700, although I was told the maximum current draw is 1050mA, but it pulls through going to Turbo mode and stay until the 30 seconds mark admirably. Likewise for the KeepPower P1634C.
Here is another video to show the runtime in Turbo using Fenix ARB-L16-700

and some screen grabs...
10 seconds (S1R using Fenix ARB-L16-700 starts at 6th second in the video)
OTG8TaJ.jpg

37 seconds
fWEPq6C.jpg

1 minute
Xy8xy5O.jpg

1 minute 30 seconds
zuWRXo5.jpg

2 minutes
pgayVhw.jpg

All the high drain batteries (Olight ORB-163C05, ARB-L16-700 and P1634C) that I tested, although I can keep going back to Turbo after the step down, the time it stays on Turbo mode is lesser and lesser every time, until I do a full recharge. As such, I anticipate with the battery ageing, we may get lesser than 30 seconds Turbo mode as time passes.

now, how about using primary CR123A? according to Olight, using Primary CR123A, S1R can output 600 lumens, let's see, shall we?
plLGUdG.jpg

fEhRgck.jpg

aUI65cx.jpg

since I do not have an Integrating Sphere to accurately measure, I would say it's almost as bright as the S1R Turbo.

Before we move on to beamshots, here is the measured current draw for Olight S1R...
pHvfU0J.jpg

2.8A! 2.8A on Turbo! That's almost 5C draw from the battery. O-M-G.

OK, beamshots time... this time round, I've taken the exposure down half a second, so the parameter is f/3.5, ISO-400 and exposure 0.5 second. All taken with Sony RX-100
The contenders
NL1xlGf.jpg

aiy3Ece.jpg

H6UZBrJ.jpg

Y73kcSP.jpg

NLuBrA0.jpg

YMp6u6u.jpg

djDgzxe.jpg

ZttmkQw.jpg

In conclusion, this Olight S1R is bright, it's 30-second bright! and due to its size and high lumens, it stand-in pretty nicely as a hand-warmer too. The overall built and finish is good, I especially like the MCC magnetic snap feature. It sometimes feels like the cable has a mind of its own and always seek-out its mating partner! LOL! No doubt about the wow factor for this little guy.

Last but not least, I'll leave you with these...
3bjyhur.jpg

8ucsM1L.jpg

Update 2016.09.07:

About: when will Red LED glow on the switch button
EEOdtbi.jpg

About: how to deep discharge your battery (don't do this unless you think shorten your battery's life is fun)
If you have a unit of S1R and repeatedly use the impressive 900 lumens, you know that it doesn't stay 30 seconds for long, each time you use that 900 lumens, you have diminishing 30 seconds of usage, and you'll realize very quickly you can no longer mode switch to Turbo, even high mode (or that 300 lumens) doesn't stay on long, and the Red LED will glow (it feels like the Ultraman warning beacon, just without the blinkies and sound), if you are in this situation, there is only one thing you can do if you want to squeeze that last lumen out of the battery (well, short of finding a power source to recharge, that is):

1. Switch off and switch on your light.
2. Mode switch to high mode (that's 300-ish lumens) to drain the battery further.
3. If you have a handy multimeter, you can check if the battery Voltage has drop below 3.5V.
4. Now, with the Voltage drop below 3.5V, quickly switch Off and switch On the flashlight.
5. Voila, your S1R now thinks that you just put in a fresh primary CR123A battery and run it at full 500-600 lumens for a couple of more minutes

Olight says that at <= 3.4V the S1R will run as if primary battery was use. But my unscientific test shows anytime when the Voltage is below 3.5V, it will treat it as primary battery and I'll have the normal S1 mode: moon - low - med - high (500-ish lumens) to play with... errr... I mean to use.

About: having fun with the tailcap
hey, since we can measure the Voltage from the tailcap (only with the included Olight ORB-163C05), why not have some fun...

what do you think will happen if we do this...
9lC8b4l.jpg

well, this happened:
3km1gzt.jpg

an undocumented feature? well, I know I'll be carrying some spare 5mm Red, Green and Blue LED with me (put in the free pouch, remember the brown color pouch?), and... cover the tailcap with something... LOL!

Update 2016.10.05:

About: the new and updated S1R
Just received the new S1R, the updated S1R where you have Turbo and Turbo S mode... and here is the new UI...
cFYOjJa.jpg

AB6zXh5.jpg

Olight tuned down the Turbo mode to 600 lumens and renamed the 900 lumens as Turbo S where the only way to access to this 900 lumens is:
  • double-click to access Turbo (600 lumens) mode, then double-click again to access Turbo S (900 lumens)
The old double-click-and-hold to ramp-up to Turbo (when light is on) is now replaced as the way to activate the timer mode, while the old double-click to turn on timer is now taken over by the Turbo and Turbo S modes.
No more memory for Turbo and Turbo S mode.
Olight has also extended the runtime of Turbo (600 lumens) and Turbo S (900 lumens) before the step-down, we can now expect 1.5 minutes of either Turbo or Turbo S before S1R step down the brightness depending on the following condition... (following notes are a direct copy from the new User Manual):
"Turbo S mode of 900 lumens and Turbo mode of 600 lumens are tested when the battery is full. The maximum output varies as the battery voltage changes. When the battery voltage runs below 3.6V, the Turbo S cannot reach 900 lumens then, and when the voltage goes down to 3.1V, the Turbo S almost performs the same as Turbo mode. When the voltage drops below 3.1V, the maximum output is 300 lumens only."

*** Few words of cautious from yours truly: please do not leave S1R in Turbo S mode unattended as the light gets pretty hot (yes, skin-burning hot). The heat is unbearable on bare hands after 1+ minutes running on Turbo S mode. This light is not suitable for small children nor individual whose skin are too sensitive to heat.

some face-lift at the packaging side...
oY22qXC.jpg

Left is old, Right is new.

and there is now a small sheet of instruction on how to take S1R out of the holding card.
QO0hzms.jpg

The physical look of old S1R and new S1R are identical in every way, as such, to tell if you are getting the new version is to:

1. depends on the serial number. According to Olight, the old serial number runs from G08220001 ‐ G08228500, while the new S1R has serial number from G09140001 and onwards.
  2. test the UI.

:grin2:

Last edited:

d88

Newly Enlightened
Re: Review: Olight S1R

Thanks for taking the time to review the S1r. I already have 2 S1's, I may have to make it 3.

proceed5

Enlightened

Thanks rookiedaddy for another great review.

Could you share with us your thoughts on the S1R's newer output settings of 900lumens for 0.5mins and thereafter drops to 300lumens, would you consider this less useful than the settings set on the S1's ?

tops2

Enlightened

Thanks for the review!
And thanks for taking the time to test with various cells!

I'm kinda wondering why the light is longer than the S1. From the tail to just before the head, from rough eyeballing in the pictures, it looks about the same length. It looks like to me just the head is slightly longer. Maybe its for heatsinking?
But boy, these small Baton series are really impressive (to me anyways) for the size and output ratio! Only gripe/wish is for a neutral white. Otherwise, wow!

NorthernStar

Enlightened

Thank you for the great review!:)

I so far like the light, but i dont like that it drops down from 900 lumens to 300 lumens. It should drop down to 500 lumens like the S1 i think, and then fading slowly down to 300 lumens.

I have some questions. Does the light memorize moonlight and turbomode? For example when turning off the light at turbomode and then single click turning it on, does it starts at turbo mode then? The same goes for moonlight mode? The light is supposed to have a fade gradually feature when turning it on and off according to Goinggear. For how long does this fading process goes on(in seconds)?

stubbys

Newly Enlightened

9efba758a816106c73637ea6af8d81f8.jpg

For once the UK price is comparable to the US.

rookiedaddy

Enlightened

Could you share with us your thoughts on the S1R's newer output settings of 900lumens for 0.5mins and thereafter drops to 300lumens, would you consider this less useful than the settings set on the S1's ?
Honestly, I don't think it's less useful than the settings on the S1. That 900 lumens output is impressive for such a small light, even for 0.5 minute. I too wish the Turbo mode could run longer, but I guess given the heat generated for such a small light with a small capacity high drain power source, Olight had to protect the LED and the circuit.
Although this is a rechargeable light, it also supports running with Primary CR123A battery, and it runs as bright as S1 if not brighter (I did a side-by-side comparison, this S1R is visibly brighter than my S1 when running with Primary CR123A).
I think S1R is Olight's attempt at improving the successful S1-series by giving it a convenient rechargeable option and higher output.
Given the options, I would urban EDC this S1R (with the MCC) while keeping the S1 as backup (ya know, 2 is one and 1 is none). :D

I'm kinda wondering why the light is longer than the S1. From the tail to just before the head, from rough eyeballing in the pictures, it looks about the same length. It looks like to me just the head is slightly longer. Maybe its for heatsinking?
But boy, these small Baton series are really impressive (to me anyways) for the size and output ratio! Only gripe/wish is for a neutral white. Otherwise, wow!
here is a pic to show the S1R and S1 side-by-side with tailcap removed.
3EJgqP9.jpg

and yes, I too wish for a High CRI version! That would be so wonderfully sweet!

I so far like the light, but i dont like that it drops down from 900 lumens to 300 lumens. It should drop down to 500 lumens like the S1 i think, and then fading slowly down to 300 lumens.

I have some questions. Does the light memorize moonlight and turbomode? For example when turning off the light at turbomode and then single click turning it on, does it starts at turbo mode then? The same goes for moonlight mode? The light is supposed to have a fade gradually feature when turning it on and off according to Goinggear. For how long does this fading process goes on(in seconds)?
With the help of Giphy.com service, I convert the screen-grab into following gifs, yes, it does drop down slowly.
CE9LAsZ.gif

yes, this Olight S1R does memorize moonlight and turbo mode. when you turn off the light at turbo mode, and then click it back on, it comes on at turbo mode. likewise for all other modes too (moonlight, low, medium and high), except the strobe. Having to say that, do note that the memory are "short-term" for high and turbo, like other recently release S-series.
with my unscientific measurement, it takes approximately 0.5 second for S1R to ramp it up to Turbo (when you double click from Off to activate it), and it takes approximately 1 second to ramp it down when you turn it off. The ramping (or gradually increase and decrease) is more noticeable at high and turbo mode than others.

Last edited:

proceed5

Enlightened

Honestly, I don't think it's less useful than the settings on the S1. That 900 lumens output is impressive for such a small light, even for 0.5 minute. I too wish the Turbo mode could run longer, but I guess given the heat generated for such a small light with a small capacity high drain power source, Olight had to protect the LED and the circuit.
Although this is a rechargeable light, it also supports running with Primary CR123A battery, and it runs as bright as S1 if not brighter (I did a side-by-side comparison, this S1R is visibly brighter than my S1 when running with Primary CR123A).
I think S1R is Olight's attempt at improving the successful S1-series by giving it a convenient rechargeable option and higher output.
Given the options, I would urban EDC this S1R (with the MCC) while keeping the S1 as backup (ya know, 2 is one and 1 is none). :D

Thanks for the feedback Rookiedaddy, I shall buy one to try as soon as my local supplier has stock.

rookiedaddy

Enlightened

First thread now updated with mode memory, copied here for your convenient.

pxQkg4w.jpg

The High and Turbo will reset back to Medium mode after 10 minutes of inactivity, meaning if you leave the light off in High or Turbo mode for more than 10 minutes, the light will reset back to Medium mode. As a matter of fact, the S1A, S2A inherit the same mode memory settings too.

Last edited:

tops2

Enlightened

Thanks for further tests and pictures. I guess longer tail cap is expected since there's charging. Its really helpful with the grid background separating the tailcap and body! :twothumbs

JSTARR

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for the fine review. I'm a S-1 fan; may have to try a S1R now...

NorthernStar

Enlightened

First thread now updated with mode memory, copied here for your convenient.

ModeMemory.jpg

Thanks for the info!

My S1 was of the first batch that keeps the turbo mode and moonlight mode in memory independent of minutes which i like. I dont like that the S1R resets back to medium after 10 minutes. The best ui of all Olight lights is the S30R,S30RII,and the S30R Javelot. These lights does not have any timing function and remembers moonlight mode and turbomode for indefinitely time.

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is like the Olight S1 Baton, except the S1 resets to Low, rather than medium. One advantage to the reset pertains to accidental activation. It won't leave you with burned pockets or a dead battery.

In addition, the S1 does not store Moonlight or High in mode memory when they have been activated (from off) via a shortcut. The S1 also keeps Moonlight off the main sequence. Press-and-hold gets you Low-Medium-High; Moonlight is not part of the sequence.

All in all, I have a preference for the S1 user interface, rather than that of the S1R.

Edit: More than anything, I think Olight needs to stop changing its interface. One of the strengths of ZebraLight is that for several years now it has had the same user interface on every model in its lineup. Olight seems to change the Baton interface on each new iteration.

Last edited:

rookiedaddy

Enlightened

First post updated with more info... copied here for your reading convenient...

Update 2016.09.07:

About: when will Red LED glow on the switch button
EEOdtbi.jpg

About: how to deep discharge your battery (don't do this unless you think shorten your battery's life is fun)
If you have a unit of S1R and repeatedly use the impressive 900 lumens, you know that it doesn't stay 30 seconds for long, each time you use that 900 lumens, you have diminishing 30 seconds of usage, and you'll realize very quickly you can no longer mode switch to Turbo, even high mode (or that 300 lumens) doesn't stay on long, and the Red LED will glow (it feels like the Ultraman warning beacon, just without the blinkies and sound), if you are in this situation, there is only one thing you can do if you want to squeeze that last lumen out of the battery (well, short of finding a power source to recharge, that is):

1. Switch off and switch on your light.
2. Mode switch to high mode (that's 300-ish lumens) to drain the battery further.
3. If you have a handy multimeter, you can check if the battery Voltage has drop below 3.5V.
4. Now, with the Voltage drop below 3.5V, quickly switch Off and switch On the flashlight.
5. Voila, your S1R now thinks that you just put in a fresh primary CR123A battery and run it at full 500-600 lumens for a couple of more minutes

Olight says that at <= 3.4V the S1R will run as if primary battery was use. But my unscientific test shows anytime when the Voltage is below 3.5V, it will treat it as primary battery and I'll have the normal S1 mode: moon - low - med - high (500-ish lumens) to play with... errr... I mean to use.

About: having fun with the tailcap
hey, since we can measure the Voltage from the tailcap (only with the included Olight ORB-163C05), why not have some fun...

what do you think will happen if we do this...
9lC8b4l.jpg

well, this happened:
3km1gzt.jpg

an undocumented feature? well, I know I'll be carrying some spare 5mm Red, Green and Blue LED with me (put in the free pouch, remember the brown color pouch?), and... cover the tailcap with something... LOL!

will continue to update as and when I have more info or changes...

Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast

have this light on order as well as some new AW 750mah cells. Think Ill be alright.

TJZ

Newly Enlightened

Is the IMR battery that comes with the flashlight a protected battery?
The IMR batteries on the market that I have seen are not protected, they say due to the chemistry they can't be overcharged, but what about over-discharge?
I read some of the flashlights on the market will ramp down when the voltage of the battery gets too low, is this enough to protect the battery from over-discharge and does the S1R
have this protection also? I have always had protected batteries in all of my flashlights so I'm just wondering about unprotected batteries. I know if you run them down to low you can ruin them.

I am still thinking of getting the SR1 and I'm watching the reviews on them. This will be my first EDC flashlight with a switch. Always have had twisty head flashlights.
I like that the SR1 it will run on 300 Lumens for about an hour without ramping down.
I also like the magnetic base and charging. And the moonlight setting can come in handy.

rookiedaddy

Enlightened

Is the IMR battery that comes with the flashlight a protected battery?
According to Olight, they are... well, somewhat. The specification table I received says that the Olight IMR battery has a max constant discharging current of 2.75A, and a protective discharging current of 5A. However, I would still treat them as unprotected regardless.

The IMR batteries on the market that I have seen are not protected, they say due to the chemistry they can't be overcharged, but what about over-discharge?
IMR can be overcharged. In fact, using the supplied MCC charger, I measure the fully charge battery to be slightly more than 4.2V, well, that could be my multimeter accuracy ±% that is different than that of the Olight's engineer. Although the light do "attempt" to protect the IMR/RCR battery from over-discharge. I however, tested that if I wanted to, I could actually deep discharge the battery further due to S1R supports running primary CR123A (LiMnO2) when it detected that inserted battery have a Voltage of less than 3.5V. :shrug:

I read some of the flashlights on the market will ramp down when the voltage of the battery gets too low, is this enough to protect the battery from over-discharge and does the S1R
have this protection also? I have always had protected batteries in all of my flashlights so I'm just wondering about unprotected batteries. I know if you run them down to low you can ruin them.
S1R does have protection, but as I said in my reply above, there are chances that you could still deep discharge the battery further if you wanted to.

In my experience of playing... err.. I mean "testing" (yup, that sounded more unscientific) with Protected (ICR) vs Unprotected (ICR) vs IMR cells, I found that IMR has a higher tolerant to abuse or torture... but having to say that... the best protection is still between our ears.

• use a multimeter to check the cell Voltage when in doubts (use one anyway when we are not, seriously)
  • get to know our flashlight "behavior", like what happen when the battery is low? any warning signs (note that S1R give you a red glow at the switch button)?
  • in the case of S1R, my advise is recharge your battery as soon as S1R can no longer sustain even the high mode and/or brightness constantly drops to low, I would recommended to keep it top-up without waiting for it to happen

psssst... personally, I do not rely on the protection circuit of the battery, I use unprotected ICR and IMR whenever possible, not only cheaper to acquire, the self-discharge is lower too. :devil:

TJZ

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for detailed answers and great job on your review! :twothumbs

I was surprised to see the Fenix ARB-L16-700 battery powered the S1R in turbo mode. I have that battery also for my Fenix E15 (2016). So if I get the S1R I can use it as a backup battery (even though it can't be charged in the S1R) until Olight releases the IMR battery for sale.

HIDSGT

Enlightened

wow great freakn review awesome! Olight shud hire u to promote their dam lights lol