its crazy how some lights makers lie

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
25000 lumens? Wow that is a new one on me. Its common knowledge the small Chinese makers inflate the hell out of their numbers but 25000 lumens? Off of 10 XM-L T6 emitters no less! The sad thing is people will buy these things until they are sold out. Going off the Sky Ray King platform sells because the Sky Ray King actually was a good light. Scroll through that retailers lights and notice how many look like the Sky Ray King.

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
hahaha, thats cranking out 2,500 lumens per XM-L, not even XM-L2's. even inflated the life span of the leds to 100,000 hours. that fish light is straight baller son!

edit: the "hahaha" is directed towards the manufacturer's claims, not the OP

ven

Flashaholic
Yes, it is impossible with those LED's(which might not even be genuine XM-L and possible lettuce shite!).

My lad has the 3 LED version(well we have 2 of them to be exact) and a pretty decent light with all things considered. It must be near 2yrs or over and been issue free so far!, would guess around 1500-1800lm. Decent white beam from the XM-L, bright hot spot and lots of spill for a useful output!

Lowest output here

I dont have any with more than 3 LED's, but from reading i am led to believe the ones with more LED's are still driven the same=no brighter.
Still you can have your lumens but it will not be cheap and get hot quick! Even if it could get close to the made up output, it would melt within 30s.................

For 20k look at the F version
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?418027-RC40vn-Hardest-Hitter

Not enough lumens???? have a look here
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?374343-XM18vn-Project-DONE-DONE-DONE

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a light that said it was 25 k lumens and id guess it dont even have 2500. I still love the light but I wanted 25k https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E4UPH3G/?tag=cpf0b6-20

Not defending the lies, but some responsibility has to be placed on the buyer as well. If you are a legal adult, you are responsible for your own actions, if not, then you have a legal parent or guardian who is.

The crux here is being an informed buyer.

As an informed buyer would know 25,000 lumens from a torch of that size is simply not currently physically possible.

It's like going to a car dealership and seeing a normal family car with the claim of 10,000bhp and 300mpg.... sounds great. ;) But only a mug would believe it being true.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
man...I should go to China and contract out a couple runs of lights Im talking 1 million CD 50,000 lumen 6 Brattice Light LED SkyRay clones. I imagine they would cost about $1.50 each to make sell em for $50

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
man...I should go to China and contract out a couple runs of lights Im talking 1 million CD 50,000 lumen 6 Brattice Light LED SkyRay clones. I imagine they would cost about $1.50 each to make sell em for $50

Are you planning a mil-spec version? I want the one the Navy Seals use.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
@Ven quote "I dont have any with more than 3 LED's, but from reading i am led to believe the ones with more LED's are still driven the same=no brighter."
This seams true. I have a three, a four, a seven and a ten. The three and the four are best beam via larger reflector wells and no real lumen increase on higher multiples of LED versions.