New 2016 JETBeam JET-II MK

Blackbeard

Enlightened
i got the 1mk yesterday also. decent price on amazon and came with a usb light. the pocket clip is kinda shoddy though, I had to use multitool pliers to give it an extra bend at the crease in the metal so the bottom of it is now flush with the body of the light. even with this it still feels like it can come out of your pocket too easily and wind up getting lost. fortunately its so small u can easily let it ride in the pocket and dont use the clip

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the Jet II MK and it's a nice little light. The beam is really nice with minimal artifacts and a nice clean hot spot. Mine did have a small gap between the bezel and the head, i'm not sure if this is a tolerance issue or just a missing O-ring just yet. The anodizing was very nice creating a fit and finish which is super and the provided clip matches very well for a very clean look. Operation wise the twisty does seem to skip a level fairly often, but i've not cleaned the contact services, just using it out of the box right now. The 4 levels provide a nice range, but can require a fair amount of twisting to get to where you want to be as it aways starts on the lowest level. For EDC this would not work for me, but on nightstand its ok. Like hundreds of othe small CR123A lights this one is not anything radically new, but the nice emitter with over 500lm max output, clean beam, a clean well finished housing, stainless-steel bezel, included clip and tripod screw mount makes a very nice package at MSRP of $31. Street prices and sales mean you should be able to get it in the low $20 range where i think it's a bargain.

firsttothescene

Enlightened
Just got one today and it is very nice. One small nitpick is that there appears to be a very small piece of glass on the inside of the lense, not service affecting but annoying. Slightly longer than an olight s1 and just as bright. Mine also had the slight bezel gap but the glass piece inside is more annoying.

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll bet that bezel unscrews which could allow you to get that glass piece out. I'm also guessing the bezel can't screw down all of the way causing that gap because of a design flaw. My 2 cents will be forthcoming when I get mine.

Just got one today and it is very nice. One small nitpick is that there appears to be a very small piece of glass on the inside of the lense, not service affecting but annoying. Slightly longer than an olight s1 and just as bright. Mine also had the slight bezel gap but the glass piece inside is more annoying.

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
the Jet II MK is freaking awesome. One of the best Jets in a long time
+1

Although it's my first and only JetBeam, but it's a very nice light. A slightly coolish tint as it's not NW is the only real negative IMO. The rest is superb.

Good output, modes and UI. Plus the size and styling.

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Jet-u (AAA) is going quite cheap from Gearbest and Banggood at the moment, and it's more neutral than the other Jet series lights. It's a better light than the AAA Astrolux with the Nichia and it is much brighter. Regulation on an eneloop AAA is almost completely flat and the twisty is perfect- for a twisty! Worth a look or three for $10. [emoji3]

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received mine today and there is a slight bezel gap only a flashaholic would notice. I do like the interface of the JET-1 MK better with the memory mode. This light starts out on low every time and its 4 twists to get to high. All around a nice light! I disagree with the run times in the manual and I'm hoping to see some run time posing here on CPF. With the XPL-HI emitter in this light, I would expect more than 3 hours at 5 lumens??

I'm running mine with a Fenix 16340 and it fits fine. I'm guessing a higher rated 510 lumen output on a 16340 as the same with the Jet-1 MK. Thats my 2 cents.

Did you get yours yet?

firsttothescene

Enlightened
I received mine today and there is a slight bezel gap only a flashaholic would notice. I do like the interface of the JET-1 MK better with the memory mode. This light starts out on low every time and its 4 twists to get to high. All around a nice light! I disagree with the run times in the manual and I'm hoping to see some run time posing here on CPF. With the XPL-HI emitter in this light, I would expect more than 3 hours at 5 lumens??

I'm running mine with a Fenix 16340 and it fits fine. I'm guessing a higher rated 510 lumen output on a 16340 as the same with the Jet-1 MK. Thats my 2 cents.
cool, I am using a rcr olight and surefires with no issue. I returned the one with the glass underneath the lense and got another. Had that exact same bezel gap, but no big deal. Nice light for $26.

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both the Jet-I MK and the Jet-II MK. I'm a little disappointed in the Jet-II MK and absolutely love the Jet-I MK. On my Jet-II MK, the mode spacing that I measured is as follows 0.16-6-174-602 lumens. This is with a 16340 battery. Spec is 0.5-5-100-510 lumens. So my beef is that 0.16 lumens is too low for me, the jump from 6 to 174 lumens is too big and 600 lumens gets hot real fast in this small flashlight and thus can only be used temporarily. I find the Jet-I MK far more useful. I now have 5 of them. And they all are similar in output at 2-33-160 lumens. Spec is 1.5-30-150 lumens. I think that is a great mode spacing. On top of that 3 modes is just fine. Output is very efficient and well regulated just as well as the EagleTac D25A. So I quickly fell in love with the Jet-I MK. I will say that of the 5 I got, one had an exceptionally low mode (barely visible). And so I got that one exchanged. So just maybe I got a bad Jet-II MK. Who knows. I personally think the memory function on the Jet-I MK is a plus. One positive on the Jet-II-Mk is the XP-L HI LED. Mine has a sweet tint and is a bit more floody than the XP-G2 in the Jet-I-MK. The transition from corona to hot spot is more gradual on the Jet-II MK.

dazzleaj

Newly Enlightened
OK, thanks. I am considering a jet 1 (gear best=$11.99).

I have been carrying one (Jet 1) for a couple months now. Good little light. At the Gear best price I got a spare!!

If I will be traveling I use the Olight S10R. The magnet is handy and the reversible clip allows sticking it on a ball cap visor. Both features along with the super low mode and USB charging stand make for a much more usable light. If I am around home though this little Jet 1 is the trick!

All just in my opinion of course.

firsttothescene

Enlightened
I have been carrying one (Jet 1) for a couple months now. Good little light. At the Gear best price I got a spare!!

If I will be traveling I use the Olight S10R. The magnet is handy and the reversible clip allows sticking it on a ball cap visor. Both features along with the super low mode and USB charging stand make for a much more usable light. If I am around home though this little Jet 1 is the trick!

All just in my opinion of course.
I ended up getting the jet 1 & jet u so now I have all 3. They are all very nice lights for the money.

Beckler

Enlightened
I now have the u and 1. Certainly seem to be incredible value for the sale price! Only disappointment so far is the descriptions led me to believe they finally just had a sensical twist switch - i.e. as you turn it further, it steps thru the levels in sequence. Instead it just has a standard twist head. Too bad none of these companies have any clue about websites, manuals, descriptions, etc.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ended up getting the jet 1 & jet u so now I have all 3. They are all very nice lights for the money.
Me too. Shopping around these can be had very inexpensively. Definitely one of the bargain finds of the year I think. When you just need a basic light these are it I think. Great gifts since you don't have to worry if they use it a lot and if they don't have a light the are more likely to appreciate the basic nature of the lights until they catch the disease.