What lights do you travel with?

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello everyone. I just came back from travelling overseas. I left my favorite travel light at home (yellow photon II on a tritium keyring).. Instead I took an ARC-AAA and a TW4.

Frankly I think I would have been better served by my favorite. It's so easy to find that tritium keyring in the dark and the yellow photon II is not only good enough but tiny and so easy to carry.

What do you take with you and why?

GregR

6pOriginal

Enlightened
In my pre-surefire days: mini mag
In my pre-flashaholic days: SF 6P(old style)

Nowadays: Depends on what kind of travelling, if it involves air travel, I bring minimum, just a L4 and the Arc AA on my keys....but if it's a road trip and I am driving, I tend to bring all my lights with me....lol
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire A2, L4. Streamlight Stinger, Scorpion, TTL2, 3D. 1 dozen chem lights. Pelican M6, M9. Mag 3D, AA, AAA. I'll have to look up my inventory list if I am going to mention any more.

paulr

Flashaholic
Arc AAA and green Photon II on keys. Red Photon II with Photon clip lanyard on belt loop or on keys. UKE 2L in belt pack. Possibly PT Blast in pocket. Maybe, CMG Infinity or Infinity Ultra in pocket. Possibly a bag full of Countycomm $1.00 coin cell lights to give out as small gifts. The CMG Infinity or Infinity Ultra is also a great gift, but expensive enough that I'm more selective about who I give them to.

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arc AAA on a neckchain. Used to carry a red Mini Mag with Opalec and tail switch until it fell out of the @@#($#*@ pouch that comes with a Mini Mag /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Now I carry a Legend with a Mad Max or Bad Boy (don't remember which). And then whatever new light I happen to have handy.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the keyring a photon II, behind my seat a 5 D-cell club and then it depends on my destination, but there is always an L4 nearby and 2 or 3 ARC products. the L6 comes in handy for just impressing someone, but it is on a road trip every time since its arrival to me.

ROYALTO

Newly Enlightened
Recently went to Roatan to dive and also spent a few days in the rain forest (Honduras) to do some hiking and white water rafting.

I took my SF Z2 as my main find my way in darkness light and find rays in the water at nite light.

I took my ARC AA as my backup and in-room light.

I took my Petzl Tikka for when I needed both hands.

The things I would change next time is too bring along another bright light since my wife always wanted to carry the Z2 at night, leaving me with the ARC.

I ended up buying her an ARC-LS to EDC and I would also take along my ARC LSHF-P as a backup

lightnix

Enlightened
It depends where I'm going and how I'm getting there. I generally place battery life over brightness and carry a Lucido C7 (Lightwave 3000) in a car. I am also just about to order a couple of Turboflare 360s as emergency beacons for me and the little lady.

If I'm camping I'll take a PT Aurora and a couple of CMG Bonfires for the tent. If I want something fairly bright, then I throw in a PT Attitude.

Constant companions, though, are a Mini M*glite with an Opalec NewBeam and a CMG Infinity (I'll probably get an Ultra as well soon). I've slowly, but deeply fallen in love with the design of the Infinity - small, simple, bullet-proof, fairly waterproof, very good battery life for a single AA torch. I reckon AA driven lights are ideal for travellers, as you can get spare batteries pretty well anywhere in the world.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Went to New Orleans for the weekend not long ago, (14 hour trip each way) and took along my ARC LSH-P, Surefire E2e, Inova X5T, ARC AAA (on my keychain), Quiklite clipped to my pocket, Petzyl Zipka headlamp, and a couple of the CountyComm $1 LED lights to give to my traveling companions. In the glovebox of the car there also was a SF G2 and a Minimag with Opalec Newbeam drop-in.

-Keith

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
NeonLights said:
Went to New Orleans for the weekend not long ago, (14 hour trip each way) and took along my ARC LSH-P, Surefire E2e, Inova X5T, ARC AAA (on my keychain), Quiklite clipped to my pocket, Petzyl Zipka headlamp, and a couple of the CountyComm $1 LED lights to give to my traveling companions. In the glovebox of the car there also was a SF G2 and a Minimag with Opalec Newbeam drop-in.

-Keith

[/ QUOTE ]

I only want to know one thing. How did you get to N.O in 14 hours from Ohio? I takes me 15 hours to get MS from Kansas. Only another 50 miles or so. Was it one of them new jet cars? Flying just under the radar? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Bravo25 said:

I only want to know one thing. How did you get to N.O in 14 hours from Ohio? I takes me 15 hours to get MS from Kansas. Only another 50 miles or so. Was it one of them new jet cars? Flying just under the radar? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't too hard, 950 miles each way divided by 14 hours = an overall average speed of 68 mph, we stopped about three times each way for a total of around 30 minutes, so total average travelling speed (minus stops) was 70 mph, which was the speed limit in many of the states we passed through. We had rain (sometimes freezing) and/or fog for several hours each way or we would have gotten there 30-60 minutes sooner. We went down to pick up a car and were only in New Orleans for 24 hours. Travelling with three guys (and no kids) sure goes a lot faster than with kids/family along. I left my one year old son and my wife who is eight months pregnant at home for obvious reasons.

-Keith

Latest posts