NEXTORCH - 300 m long-shot E6        

Thread: I am looking for a Bike light with a remote switch like the Niteye B20

Question I am looking for a Bike light with a remote switch like the Niteye B20

Hello,

I have a Niteye B20 whose switch broke two times. The first time I was able to get a replacement via Niteye, but now they seem to be bankrupt. They do not answer emails, their website has not been update in ages and their facebook is dead. I spotted a very similar switch on the Klarus B30, but I am not sure if it would fit and I was unable to find out so far. Maybe someone knows here.

If I cannot manage to get a new switch, I'll probably need a new lamp for my bike as the days are getting shorter. I still want a lamp I can operate with a remote switch, so the possibilities are not endless. It should also have multiple brightness modes. Any suggestions as to which lamp meets my requirements ?

Cheers,
    Para

Default Re: I am looking for a Bike light with a remote switch like the Niteye B20

The Fenix BC30 has a remote pressure switch.

Default Re: I am looking for a Bike light with a remote switch like the Niteye B20

Thanks

Unenlightened

The Magicshine lights come with one, it does look a tad clunky though.

http://www.magicshineuk.co.uk/magics...016-model.html

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/ca...e-m2-15-49929/
    Last edited by mairyhinge; 09-09-2016 at 10:22 AM.

If I remember correctly the Fenix BC30 remote switch only turns on turbo and doesn't control all the modes. I have one and decided to not bother with the remote switch because it has limited functionality. You might want to double check that though and it's possible they've updated it since I bought mine. I love the light but just make sure it will do what you want before buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by blah9 View Post
    If I remember correctly the Fenix BC30 remote switch only turns on turbo and doesn't control all the modes. I have one and decided to not bother with the remote switch because it has limited functionality. You might want to double check that though and it's possible they've updated it since I bought mine. I love the light but just make sure it will do what you want before buying it.
    Very good point. I hadn't considered that. Sorry OP!

Gloworm X2
    Dual XML and remote, so should be much like your Niteye.
    http://www.action-led-lights.com/col...men-bike-light

Lightbulb Re: I am looking for a Bike light with a remote switch like the Niteye B20

There are a few remote-controlled headlights:

• BlackShadow StarryLight BX02
    • Fenix BC30
    • Fenix BC30R
    • Fenix BTR20
    • Garmin Varia HL-500
    • Garmin Varia HL-501
    • Gloworm X1 V2 LED Light System
    • Gloworm X2 V3 LED Light System
    • Gloworm XS V1 LED Light System
    • Out-Led Hellena 2.0
    • Out-Led Hellena 2.5
    • Out-Led Hellena 3.5
    • Out-Led Hellena 4.0
    • Lupine Betty R 4500
    • Lupine Betty R 7 5000
    • Lupine Piko R 4SC
    • Magicshine Eagle F3
    • Magicshine MJ 816 E
    • Magicshine MJ 880 R
    • Niteye B-10
    • Niteye B-20
    • Niteye B-30
    • Specialized Flux Expert
    • Stella Aqua
    • TrustFire TR-D003
    • TrustFire TR-D009
    • TrustFire TR-D010
    • Xeccon Sogn 900 Wireless

I bought the Fenix BC30 in the meantime. The switch is not changing modes, but it is enough for now.

Quote Originally Posted by znomit View Post
    Gloworm X2
    Dual XML and remote, so should be much like your Niteye.
    http://www.action-led-lights.com/col...men-bike-light
    Wow, this looks good. Let's see if I can find it in Europe

Quote Originally Posted by angerdan View Post
    There are a few remote-controlled headlights:

• List in quote truncated for ease of forum reading
    Thanks !
    Last edited by Alaric Darconville; 10-03-2016 at 02:33 PM.

Awesome, I hope you like it! Mine has served me well for sure although I've mostly used it on the road rather than on trails. I imagine it would be great on trails as well though. Hopefully I'll get to try that out this fall in addition to riding on the road.

Enlightened

Not sure which one you pick up finally, but just wanna to add another new option:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KHYIG04?th=1

Arrow Re: I am looking for a Bike light with a remote switch like the Niteye B20

Quote Originally Posted by TheParadoX View Post
    Hello,

I have a Niteye B20 whose switch broke two times. The first time I was able to get a replacement via Niteye, but now they seem to be bankrupt. They do not answer emails, their website has not been update in ages and their facebook is dead. I spotted a very similar switch on the Klarus B30, but I am not sure if it would fit and I was unable to find out so far. Maybe someone knows here.

If I cannot manage to get a new switch, I'll probably need a new lamp for my bike as the days are getting shorter. I still want a lamp I can operate with a remote switch, so the possibilities are not endless. It should also have multiple brightness modes. Any suggestions as to which lamp meets my requirements ?

Cheers,
    Para
    Magicshine light has remote control and has bluetooth mode. And the light comes in combo (front and tail light).Hope this can help .