Upgrade my Trustfire C8:Some question

mrheosuper

Newly Enlightened
I am not satisfied with my current C8 anymore, so i'm planning to give it some power
First, of course led emiter, i want to change my xm l2 to something more powerful, probably xhp50/70 or triple xp-l hl
I don't what is more suitable, i don't care about flood or tight beam, i care about lumen
http://www.kaidomain.com/p/S023979....-6V-Light-Emitter-with-20mm-x-2mm-Copper-Base
http://www.kaidomain.com/p/S025036....-Mode-Driver-Circuit-Board-for-Cree-XHP-MT-G2
This is the combo i gonna use, will it give me over 2000 lumen?, if i change to xhp 70 will it even be nearly 3000 lumen(of course the same driver)
Second: the diameter of my driver is quite small, it's 17mm driver, so the above driver i think it's not suitable( above is 20mm)
There is a ring outside my current driver, i will remove it, will the driver fit into my host?
(My flashlight is being borrowed by my dad, i can't measure it now)
Third, about the switch,
http://www.kaidomain.com/p/S023885....mm-H-LED-Flashlight-Clicky-Switch-Black-5-pcs
I gonna use this switch, will it work perfectly with my mod?
Thks for reading to the end, and pls give me some advice

Ps: How many lumen do you think this flashlight can reach, i want to push it to the limit, and i guess xhp 70 is the limit

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, I think thr ring you are talking about is the retaining ring, that only serves to keep the driver in place. Will need more info and or pictures. But i have many convoy c8 lights and there's no way to fit a 20mm driver in there.

Chicken Drumstick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't mean this in a nasty way, but if you can't answer the questions you've posted yourself, then you probably aren't ready for a build of this magnitude.

I would also say, you seem to be going about this the hard way. The C8, at least in a quality variant like the Convoy, is a very good torch and host. But certainly more of a thrower than a flooder. With your setup, unless you are making a mule light, you'll need to think about the reflector and or optics too.

And not to mention the driver and LEDs you are looking at will require 2 x li-ion.... 2x18350 could work, but will give **** poor runtimes. Or you will need to try something else.

This is certainly all possible, but it may not be a simple screw it to together build. And will likely require some custom parts.

mrheosuper

Newly Enlightened
I don't mean this in a nasty way, but if you can't answer the questions you've posted yourself, then you probably aren't ready for a build of this magnitude.

I would also say, you seem to be going about this the hard way. The C8, at least in a quality variant like the Convoy, is a very good torch and host. But certainly more of a thrower than a flooder. With your setup, unless you are making a mule light, you'll need to think about the reflector and or optics too.

And not to mention the driver and LEDs you are looking at will require 2 x li-ion.... 2x18350 could work, but will give **** poor runtimes. Or you will need to try something else.

This is certainly all possible, but it may not be a simple screw it to together build. And will likely require some custom parts.
Thks for replying
Now my question is just" can the driver fit my host"
All parts i have ordered, and it will work perfectly if there is nothing wrong with the diameter
I will inform when the parts arrive at my home
Ps: the Ring is about 0.8-1mm thick, i guess if i remove the ring maybe with some effort it will fit

mrheosuper

Newly Enlightened
Btw, i use trustfire c8 host, their driver is just..., it can't drive the led to 50% power, just pull 1.3A at max mode(measured with dmm)