post ya fav keychain light

swan

Banned
mine says its a 180 lumens and ai believe it so what is ya fav? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016XV92AI/?tag=cpf0b6-20

Yes i really like the Olight brass I3S XP-L 180 lumen model. It is well built with silky threads, floody, wide beam and very bright, i measure around 220 lumens with an eneloop hot off the charger at 1.48v. With caution and a laugh try a 10440 3.7v cell for over 700 lumens for a couple of seconds.

But my current favourite is the Ultratac K18 in brass. It can use any aaa cell alkaline 1.5v nimh 1.2v or li ion 3.7v 10440. It has a side switch, 3 modes with memory and was built with a copper direct thermal path pcb so the xpg2 can run happily at 360 lumens on a li ion cell. Nicely spaced output levels on any cell chemistry, a real 360 lumens with around 2000cd with the 10440 cell and one handed operation to boot. I have had this for a couple of months and used it plenty and so far it has exceeded my expectations.

Another very good light i bought for around $14 is the Lumintop Tool- outstanding value and has plenty of easy mod potential.

I have 6 aaa lights now, addictive little fellas.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Photon Micro light. has been on my key ring for umm, lets see about 11 or 12 years with a grand total of one coin cell replacement. It isn't a blindingly bright unit but it makes the key hole easier to see

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
16010903666_6f0fce3724_c.jpg

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nah ven, it's CW 325 (CPF's first). I'm more of a beam profile snob than tint snob and wouldn't pull the trigger until the larger XPL emitter was available. It's a nice light, but I favor others more.

saypat

Enlightened
similar here. I have the Ultratac K18 stainless silver, fantastic light in all respects! This replaced my Lumintop Tool. Now I have a new favorite, the Nitecore TIP. Get yourself one, u won't be disappointed.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire Titan Plus. It is keychain light sized, but a bit too heavy to carry on my keychain. It serves as my EDC light and I've carried it both in a shirt pocket and in a small belt pouch.

surefire-titan-plus.jpg

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Yes i really like the Olight brass I3S XP-L 180 lumen model. It is well built with silky threads, floody, wide beam and very bright, i measure around 220 lumens with an eneloop hot off the charger at 1.48v. With caution and a laugh try a 10440 3.7v cell for over 700 lumens for a couple of seconds.

But my current favourite is the Ultratac K18 in brass. It can use any aaa cell alkaline 1.5v nimh 1.2v or li ion 3.7v 10440. It has a side switch, 3 modes with memory and was built with a copper direct thermal path pcb so the xpg2 can run happily at 360 lumens on a li ion cell. Nicely spaced output levels on any cell chemistry, a real 360 lumens with around 2000cd with the 10440 cell and one handed operation to boot. I have had this for a couple of months and used it plenty and so far it has exceeded my expectations.

Another very good light i bought for around $14 is the Lumintop Tool- outstanding value and has plenty of easy mod potential.

I have 6 aaa lights now, addictive little fellas.
wowy I got one and man its scary bright and its low is useful

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's another vote for the Nitecore TIP (but I like the CRI version). It's the first light I've actually wanted to really put on my keychain.

easilyled

Flashaholic

I have to thank you for your recommendation on the basis of which I ordered one for myself from Amazon UK. It arrived today and I was pleasantly surprised with its quality and how well thought out it is.

I first tried it with the alkaline cell that came with it and was happy with the three different levels, all useful and well spaced out. Then I decided to try a LifePO4 Coolook cell which comes off the charger fully charged at about 3.5V. These LifePO4 cells are supposed to have safer chemistry then Li-ions and because they have a little less power (but not much less) than li-ions, they will probably put out less heat at the highest level. The three levels are still very well spaced with the Coolook cell and its very bright on high. (especially for such a tiny light)

The finish of the light is also impressive, highly polished and well machined striations for grip. :thumbsup:

In addition, the side clicky button for changing mode means that it would be very easy to change levels whether held loose or whether attached to a keyring with keys. This can often be a downfall for twisty AAA lights where twisting for the different levels can become a bit hit and miss, especially as the threads become gritty.

I would have to award this light 9 out of 10, especially at its reasonable price.

Last edited:

swan

Banned
I have to thank you for your recommendation on the basis of which I ordered one for myself from Amazon UK. It arrived today and I was pleasantly surprised with its quality and how well thought out it is.

I first tried it with the alkaline cell that came with it and was happy with the three different levels, all useful and well spaced out. Then I decided to try a LifePO4 Coolook cell which comes off the charger fully charged at about 3.5V. These LifePO4 cells are supposed to have safer chemistry then Li-ions and because they have a little less power (but not much less) than li-ions, they will probably put out less heat at the highest level. The three levels are still very well spaced with the Coolook cell and its very bright on high. (especially for such a tiny light)

The finish of the light is also impressive, highly polished and well machined striations for grip. :thumbsup:

In addition, the side clicky button for changing mode means that it would be very easy to change levels whether held loose or whether attached to a keyring with keys. This can often be a downfall for twisty AAA lights where twisting for the different levels can become a bit hit and miss, especially as the threads become gritty.

I would have to award this light 9 out of 10, especially at its reasonable price.

I am glad you like the k18 easilyled. Before i purchased this light the name Ultratac was unfamiliar to me and sort of sounded cheap. But after reading some opinions, reviews, runtimes [and capolinis view] on this little keychain light i ordered one.

I can only echo your opinion and say the guys who designed, manufactured, the K18 really produced a quality product that is equal to what all the major players have and in most cases better. The k18 has left me feeling strangely content in the stock aaa format and nothing else seems to interest me currently available, its that good.

Last edited: