Angryfox E11 / E3 Review

firelord777

Enlightened
Hey guys,
Angryfox has expanded their E-series lineup with the E11 and E3, similar to the philosophy used to create their E6.
The E11 uses an 18650 battery and the E3 uses a 14500, which both samples came with. Similar to the E6 sports package, the E11 and E3 share the sports package adaptability and versatility.
VE7j4oF.jpg

YIidl5W.jpg

oL7Zlyt.jpg

p97qeBv.jpg

Here are the E11 specs

• Ultilizes Cree XM-L2 U2 LED with lifespan of 50000 hours
  • Powered by one 2X16340 - 2XCR123 – or - 1X18650 battery
  • 105mm(length)X 23mm OD (Outer Diameter)
  • 54 gram weight (without battery)
  • Warning strobe feature
  • Switch lock-out function
  • Digitally regulated output
  • Bi-directional multi-function"Rattlesnake"clip
  • Multi-purpose belt buckle
  • Reverse polarity protection
  • Over-discharge protection
  • Efficient heat sink design
  • Integrated anti-roll / slip-resistant design
  • Made of durable aircraft-grade aluminum
  • Premium Type- 3 hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
  • Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with AR (Anti Reflective) coating
And the E3 specs

• Ultilizes Cree XM-L2 U2 LED with lifespan of 50000 hours
  • Powered by one 14500 rechargeable Li-ion battery or one AA battery
  • 83mm(length)X 23mm (diameter)
  • 50gram weight (without battery)
  • Digitally regulated output
  • Bi-directional multi-function"Rattlesnake"clip
  • Multi-purpose belt buckle
  • Reverse polarity protection
  • Over-discharge protection
  • Efficient heat sink design
  • Integrated anti-roll / slip-resistant design
  • Made of durable aircraft-grade aluminum
  • Premium Type- 3 hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
  • Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with AR (Anti Reflective) coating
As you can see, the E3 and E11 share similar features, including Type 3 anodized finish, reverse-battery protection, regulated output, and practically the same platform on which to use the sports set accessories.

My samples came with a BW01 mount, which really opens up a whole new level of versatility. Basically it is a double mount with a magnetic base that you can attach almost anywhere. The mounts themselves are hard plastic, and the screws that it uses to close down the mount clamps are made of metal, and has nice knurling built into the screw itself, making securing the mounts very smooth and worry free. The magnetic base serves to attach the lights to any ferrous surface, or put your phone on your bike using the provided magnetic pads that you place on the back of your phone. Check this out, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves…:devil:
JgPLjTw.jpg

nezrbop.jpg

mZpnAwZ.jpg

PMqAu4L.jpg

8dzMfWe.jpg
C
Pretty sweet huh??
That's not all the mount can do. What if your headlight burns out? You don't want a ticket for driving with a headlight inoperative right? Just tell the officer the flashlight is your headlight…
YDk4Qn0.jpg

How about if you like to maintain your own car? Need a replacement for that wired work light? Say no more…
CDkxhqk.jpg

e414PA2.jpg

mADMpPn.jpg

9hLwq0P.jpg

Just don't let your buddies know else they'll want to ask to borrow it for when they work on or mod their cars…

First Impressions
The E11 and E3 both felt very light but rugged in the hand. Since they both came with batteries charged, I could turn them both on.:thumbsup:
wK9TJXu.jpg

U11mmg5.jpg

YdxdCAf.jpg

jIJ8qbP.jpg

They are really bright, with a tighter hotspot compared to their Olight counterparts, so that tells me right away these will have more throw. They both feel really nice in the hand, both are powerful lights small enough to take with you wherever you go. They also carry Angryfox's multipurpose clip as found on their E6.
FlCKDgF.jpg

0VLJsoY.jpg

Of course, the light is only part of the package. Even though the E11 and E3 have the useful clip, integrated tailcap magnets, and good illumination performance, the sports set completes it.
c8yeUpd.jpg

The sports set is a set of accessories that Angryfox has developed to improve the usefulness of the lights. There is a belt clip that you clip the light onto, just like the E6 previously reviewed.
ZEmXYLI.jpg

Q46yLzS.jpg

FlCKDgF.jpg

PvQoi7s.jpg

Both flashlights use smooth reflectors that produce a tighter yet smooth beam compared to the Olight Baton series OP (Orange Peel Textured Reflector) that spreads out the hotspot a bit more. This means for close up work the Olights can give a slightly wider area, but Angryfox probably figured their diffusers can tackle both close and longer distance illumination at the same time.
5xQ72GH.jpg

SzDVTiK.jpg

With that, you can use the headlamp strap, the arm strap, and a bike mount (or anything you can attach the silicone mount to).
s1mqHU7.jpg

shDYoKI.jpg

xhGXmpy.jpg

The set also comes with a diffuser mount with built in RGB filters. Keep in mind that at the moment the E11 is too powerful for the filters for now.
praLqUE.jpg

2PnFnEp.jpg

kMouTRm.jpg

61tmCcm.jpg

Bl4aePA.jpg

The flashlights look sleek, tailcap on the E11 is slotted for a lanyard if you choose to put one on.
j1MjNQU.jpg

Both E11/3 are slightly more compact than their Olight friends.
JV5VHpL.jpg

seTGWqD.jpg

There's really not any knurling on the light body. The threads on my samples came lubricated and with good o-rings
DWeTknZ.jpg

JM2BKeW.jpg

Outdoor Beamshots
Control
AAj8438.jpg

Angryfox E11
6vOhwpn.jpg

Olight S20
3oPdmfX.jpg

Angryfox E3
VAHvK72.jpg

Olight S15
mz15SWa.jpg

As you can see, the Angryfox E11 / 3 have slightly tighter beams than the Olights. The E3 is pretty similar to the S15, however, at the E11 / S20 level it is a bit more noticeable. The S20 appears a little less bright, since the E11 is being driven harder @ 1,100 lumens. In most situations though, the difference would be negligible, the biggest difference as mentioned is the tighter hotspot which can throw the beam a bit farther than the S20.

I think Angryfox has designed a well made light. Its reliable, both as an aircraft technician and for general use, and the accessories support make the PlayFox series an incredibly adaptable platform for many situations.

The E6 received some amount of criticism from its similarities it has with Olight. I am not affiliated with either company, I simply have had the opportunity to review flashlights from both Olight and Angryfox. And I also believe there is some merit to some of the criticism, similar performance, similar UI, similar size – its just a matter of competition. Companies need to try to make their products better and I think Angryfox has been trying hard to do that, considering the amount of accessories aimed at attracting people to the all-rounder like usability.

Holding both flashlights in front of me, Olight's S20 and Angryfox's E11 may be in the same class of flashlights, but I don't think Angryfox really went as far as to copy Olight.

Overall, the E11 / E3 are reliable lights great for many kinds of work. They're not cheap, easily broken lights, I use illumination both as tools and as hobby, so if I'm using it I place my trust it will work well everytime I ask it to.:twothumbs

Thanks for reading, let me know your thoughts,

LedTed

Enlightened
I'm thinking ...
If you name your company after your ex, you had better name your boat after your current sig-other.

On a serious note, thanks for the great review.