The official PKDL thread

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Paul Kim's PK-PR1

Hey guys!
Those of you who are on social media have probably caught sight of PK's new Pocket Rocket.
Information page is up at PK's website.

26486615352_eda44d3234_b.jpg

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Re: Paul Kim's PK-PR1 and PL2

Heck yeah!!!!
I want one.

No mention of limited run on this one.

Page 2 of the brochure.
Note the mention of primary brand, and ok to use an RCR.

He has also put out the PL2. A 150/10 lumen 1aaa light with twist bezel function and lockout.
(Edit: turns out it was produced with 110 output w/o stepdown. End edit)

Page 1

Page 2

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Paul Kim's PK-PR1

Thanks for the heads up. I really like the idea of that keyring lug on the AA. That could be handy.
Very well thought out clip. Nice and deep it seems.

pk

Photon King

Well....
There went that.
Maybe the man himself will chime in at some point.
Bull's Eye will sell them at Amazon USA distribution, and Supreme Co at Hong Kong will distribute all other international consumers.
They just received first shipment and I am sure they will register in their system and post on their web soon.

It's PVD coated flood beam pattern pocket rocket.
I am sure more people will post their opinions. whether good or bad, it's all good.
Keychain pocket light will take some more time.

Oh, here is size comparison:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10209489703950170&set=p.10209489703950170&type=3&theater

Cheers

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic

I could see snagging one of the AAA lights; can never have too many. I do hope we'll see something a little less "stabby" one day. Lol. ;)

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bull's Eye will sell them at Amazon USA distribution, and Supreme Co at Hong Kong will distribute all other international consumers.
They just received first shipment and I am sure they will register in their system and post on their web soon.

Amazon (Bull's Eye) or Supreme Co?

This light looks like a winner for sure! While I was not a fan of the edges and angles of the FL2 LE while I owned it, this light looks like it has a somewhat different mindset with its design. Hopefully, I will be able to purchase one through Amazon soon!

Nice job PK!

Edited to ask: if the clip is removed from the PR1, will the head fully seat down and seal correctly, or will there be a gap there instead? And if there is a gap, will the light still be fully sealed?

Last edited:

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast

I usually go around the world to Supreme Co. in Mongkok to get the latest PK creations but this time I may have to wait for Amazon. I sure like the idea of a Pocket Rocket that takes RCR's, will tail stand and has a clip so it won't roll off the nightstand. :thumbsup:

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast

Can't wait to see first impressions!

Odd that it did not recommend eneloops.

Esko

Enlightened

Paul,

The specifications for PL2 claim 1*AAA and 150+ lm 12 hours, 10+ lm 48 hours. There must be a mistake. Also, the link in your signature needs some updating. It says pkdesign.com but leads to pk-e.com which is obviously wrong (unless you have also started a non-smoking aid bushiness).

bykfixer

Flashaholic

I could see snagging one of the AAA lights; can never have too many. I do hope we'll see something a little less "stabby" one day. Lol. ;)

Those are the less stabby ones... unless you include these...

That doubled as nun-chux with supplied lanyard. lol.

Bulls Eye Worldwide is a good seller. I got FL2's from them. Based in Kentucky USA, they got 'em to me fast. Shipped next day.
Don't know if they make a stop at an Amazon warehouse or what. But do know they arrived in an Amazon box full of fluffy cushioning.

As I type this a search for PK PL2 or PR1 shows the link to the Amazon sold FL2 among other thngs. No PR1 yet as of last night. You may also see PK Warrior fertilizer, and a bunch of other non flashlight related products under the PK monicer like a 'signal pole', some kinda diamond tooth prep and some medical break-throughs.

Looks like our hero has been busy.

Last edited: