Palm Light from Sportsmans Guide?

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone with experience or comments about the Palm Light from Sportsmans Guide?

68156.JPG
68156i_thumb.JPG

LED Palm Light - Sportsmans Guide

JJHitt

Enlightened
I've got one. I bought mine as the "Brunton Stretch Light". I've also seen them under other names at Restoration Hardware and Brookstone.

It's nice, usually overpriced, reasonalby rugged and well built. Not very bright and of limited usefulness in it's "lantern mode" as most of the light still goes out the front lens. At 10 dollars I would say it's a great light, at 15 dollars, it's only a fair light.

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree, nice spot light, I like the 3xAAA 'C' sized holder. and yes, the lantern mode sux. I think mine was 12.99. It stays in my camping gear with my mess kit. Good light if it does what you need.
Jeff
PS. I tried to do a 1W mod on this one. The thing is glued so well, that I would have to destroy it to get it apart.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I got one from Eddie Bauer some time back. It puts out a spot beam that's very similar in size and strength to the Inova X1, but with more spill. It has a nice white beam. As a lantern it kind of needs a shade to mask the glare of the LED. To be honest I don't use it much, but it would be a nice emergency light. I think I paid around $12, but I've seen it going for as much as $25.