cheers, jeers or nutin?

tom-

Enlightened
Tried 3 times to place an order with Battery Junction for cr123 batteries each and every time a pop up appeared advising me that I had to change my security/privacy/cookie settings-I did, three times to the lowest level available-still a no go. Then I realized that apparently the transaction was being handled by 'yahoo' which concerned me even more so I stopped trying to make the purchase.

Called BJ today and was told-very nicely-that this is the way it is and that they never ever ever sell info, so I thanked the very very very very nice lady for her time.

As for me, thanks but no thanks, NO other on line vendor has yet to place such demands on attempted purchases and I will stay with the great people we have already done business with-sure the batteries were less at BJ but I will pay a bit more for complete peace of mind.

Interested in what other members who have done business with BatteryJunction have to say.

Tried 3 times to place an order with Battery Junction for cr123 batteries each and every time a pop up appeared advising me that I had to change my security/privacy/cookie settings-I did, three times to the lowest level available-still a no go. Then I realized that apparently the transaction was being handled by 'yahoo' which concerned me even more so I stopped trying to make the purchase.

Called BJ today and was told-very nicely-that this is the way it is and that they never ever ever sell info, so I thanked the very very very very nice lady for her time.

As for me, thanks but no thanks, NO other on line vendor has yet to place such demands on attempted purchases and I will stay with the great people we have already done business with-sure the batteries were less at BJ but I will pay a bit more for complete peace of mind.

Interested in what other members who have done business with BatteryJunction have to say.

cheers, jeers or nutin?

Well it's not a Jeer.

It's not really a Cheer.

I wouldn't state your query is nutin, but it is in the wrong area of CPF.

As to whether or not I'd be willing to complete the purchase through a second party vender, no I would not.

~ Chance

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
I almost posted a Jeer today about a certain company that sells batteries but I'm afraid of Chance and Bullzeyebill so I just sat in the corner and pouted.

tom-

Enlightened
tnks for the replies; I am beginning to think that with at least batteries the Company may simply drop ship- hoping that someone who received a battery order can let me know it the shipment originated from CT.

The lady seemed very sincere when she emphasized that BJ does not sell info and I do believe her-but I am as positive that Yahoo sells every byte they can get their fingers on.

Just seems more than a bit wierd

tom-

Enlightened
come to think of it; to get BJ's 'best' pricing you do have to sign up for something................

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've ordered from BJ several times. They're actually one of my favorite shops as they're authorized distributors for some brands, have good selection, and ship from the US.
The yahoo thing has never given me trouble. They're not a huge shop, and I think that's just their payment processor. Could have been Google or a number of other 3rd parties but that's who they use.
Again, I've had no issues. Fearing yahoo payment processing is a bit paranoid seeming to me.

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
tnks for the replies; I am beginning to think that with at least batteries the Company may simply drop ship- hoping that someone who received a battery order can let me know it the shipment originated from CT.

I checked 5 of my orders. All originated in Old Saybrook, CT via DHL to Franklin, MA, where USPS took it over (on to me in IL). I will PM you a tracking number for you to see.

This was the free shipping option. Took 5 business days or so.

Last edited:

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had stunning good service from Battery Junction whenever I had warranty or order concerns. The best out of all vendors I deal with.
I cant comment about the purchasing issue in post #1. I have always just ordered the way the website is set up.

scout24

Flashaholic
I'm going to move this to the Cafe, as it really does not belong here. That said, I've never had a problem with BatteryJunction, aside from my current wait for Surefire primary 123's. Order was placed last week, I had no difficulties with processing...

tom-

Enlightened
Appreciate the info-perhaps the problem is that I did not register/sign up for their super duper deal notifier rather just tried to order.
Does anyone think that not registering was the issue?

I did place an order, using much higher privacy settings with another vendor-no problems went right through.

I just went from adding a light to my cart to checkout in four clicks; nothing else. I didn't sign-in either. Sorry I can't help since I didn't experience any of the previously stated issues.

I did select PayPal. Perhaps that's why ........

~ Chance

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Too soon, or was that an appropriate amount of time to wait? Seeing the reference was no longer in your sig-line, I figured the healing process was well on its way.

Hopefully you laughed.

~ Chance

Your timing was perfect. Yes I laughed!

I should be getting my Deft-X back fairly soon... Michael's had it for a few weeks. When I do I will shine it in your eyes. :)

Capolini

Banned
I have ordered from them a few times and that never happened to me. It has been a few years though. so I do not know if this is a new type of policy.

There are a several other dealers that I still use w/ better prices/ better batteries[not all this "fire" rubbish they sell] and better customer service! They have reduced the amount of Ultrafire batteries.but still have them!

tom-

Enlightened
well just for chuckles I'm going to give it another try and see what happens-can always use another 50..