The drawbacks to our hobby

raggie33

*the raggedier*
man I'm sure the people think I'm crazy I'm always playing with my lights I'm very carefull to avoid windows and mostly walk to park. but I'm sure they see me walking there and say I'm crazy. but I dont drink or use drugs this is my drugs

bdogps

Enlightened
the drawbacks to are hobby

What exactly do you do with your lights that people think you are crazy? I walk my dog at night and use different types of torches, but rarely come across any other people.

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Re: the drawbacks to are hobby

is shine them , to see how much I can light up

raggie33

*the raggedier*

I forgot its name but it comes from tmart and hasa huge head and runs on 26650 cells

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast

I feel the same when I'm out the front of my house which is in a built up area. 'Playing' with my 6,500 lumen TN36 on my street must draw a fair bit of attention from my neighbors. Still, if they aren't used to it by now....

raggie33

*the raggedier*

but its so fun aint it..

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
man I'm sure the people think I'm crazy I'm always playing with my lights I'm very carefull to avoid windows and mostly walk to park. but I'm sure they see me walking there and say I'm crazy. but I dont drink or use drugs this is my drugs

People will discredit things you do if it is something they have no interest in. If they are not into riding bicycles, they will think your crazy for riding yours 30 miles. If they dont have a use for or care about a flashlight, they will call you crazy for spending $100 on a light.

Dr. Mario

Enlightened
:grin2: I have been called crazy. My hobby is kind of general in a way, like doing robotics and building some useful electronic hardware. (I like to think in scientific way. It's my nature.)

Flashlight in a way is an electronic hardware also (especially when it comes to software-defined driver like Nanjg AK-47 driver), so I usually like to build them (can't help it). :broke:

I also, oddly enough, have strong penchant for anything that glows (Glow-in-the-dark plastics, or even Tritium vial, I get drawn to it like a moth).

So, am I crazy enough? :D

Oh yeah, and my modded Cyclops Thor Colossus (with 35 Watts HID kit installed inside) usually get a lot of attentions. :D Pure insanity in a portable package. :naughty:

(BTW, I am scotophobic, so you can imagine the flashlight I assembled gets used a good bit.)

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I love things that glow I used to take part light sticks the chemical things.

Dr. Mario

Enlightened
Ok, I must be crazy, but....

:D What's not to like?

Okay, when I was a kid, I was crazy enough to mess with the glow dye in the glow stick. :candle: :rolleyes:

Anything that glow cannot be ignored; if ignored long enough, it just gets brighter. :devil:

As far as glowing things goes, I also particularly like the blacklight posters (especially the Jimi Hendrix style posters), hence an image of blacklight flashlight in my avatar. :grin2: And, my blacklight flashlight do get used much as I like fluorescent objects - some object with dull color do light up in fluorescent color which is weird for anyone not taking note - try lighting up the drab red gas valve button on BIC lighter under the blacklight, it lits up fluorescent orange - on a side note, my blacklight flashlight also have tiniest Tritium vial for completeness.

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Re: Ok, I must be crazy, but....

I love glow in the dark to lol anything that emits light I like

markr6

Flashaholic

Maybe not crazy, but at least different. I was running the other night and a guy said "that's the first time I saw a coal miner running", referring to my H52w headlamp. Funny to him, COMPLETELY normal to me. What's the alternative? Running with a flashlight in my hand? No light at all so I can trip on uneven concrete and step in dog poop?

Dr. Mario

Enlightened

Maybe not crazy, but at least different. I was running the other night and a guy said "that's the first time I saw a coal miner running", referring to my H52w headlamp. Funny to him, COMPLETELY normal to me. What's the alternative? Running with a flashlight in my hand? No light at all so I can trip on uneven concrete and step in dog poop?

100% agreeable.

As for dog poop... :barf:

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
:grin2: I have been called crazy. My hobby is kind of general in a way, like doing robotics and building some useful electronic hardware. (I like to think in scientific way. It's my nature.)

Flashlight in a way is an electronic hardware also (especially when it comes to software-defined driver like Nanjg AK-47 driver), so I usually like to build them (can't help it). :broke:

I also, oddly enough, have strong penchant for anything that glows (Glow-in-the-dark plastics, or even Tritium vial, I get drawn to it like a moth).

So, am I crazy enough? :D

Oh yeah, and my modded Cyclops Thor Colossus (with 35 Watts HID kit installed inside) usually get a lot of attentions. :D Pure insanity in a portable package. :naughty:

(BTW, I am scotophobic, so you can imagine the flashlight I assembled gets used a good bit.)

I've learnt a new word! You have the perfect hobby in flashlights then.

My friends all love a good "torch" but think I'm weird for having more than one. I'm the man when they see when they want to buy one though. The last three times I've given away my own lights because I had too many, so maybe they're right on some level. 🤔[emoji5]️

Last edited: