New Thrunite HT20,,, or 10,,,??

wildcatter

Newly Enlightened
Well I been ready to buy the TH10 for a while and intended to have it before hunting season. But I was hesitant for so long because I wanted lightweight and compact, it just had me guessing if I would be happy with it. Then with introduction of the TH20 I was hesitant because I didn't want just the high and the low setting. Then after seeing reviews here and coming aware of the infinitely variable capability, I was very impressed,,,, but them was worried 250 would be a little conservative for some needs with just one light in the field. But then I realized,,, 14500 and 525 lumens,,, plenty fer most everything,,,, I think?

So anyways I think the new TH20 will make the perfect headlamp with 14500 power, and I am already heavily invested in Thrunites, since they came on the seen, with Neutron A2 V1 in cool white as my first,, then a Neutron C2 V2 in Neutral white started a whole new appreciation for LED lighting,,, and now have nothing but the A2 in cool white and will never own a cool white light again! So I ordered it,, and 4 new KeepPower 14500's. I think this will be the perfect headlight I have been looking for, light weight, plenty of brightness settings,, with the very useful moonlight mode and no power consumption, and of course in Neutral White!

BUT,,,, just to er on the side of caution, I ordered a TN10 just in case I am not happy with the battery life for some occasions and am willing to use the heavier unit,, but either way,, thanks to a few hear and the excellent reviews on the TH20,, it made trying it a well worthwhile decision!! Thanks!

MikeB.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you'll like both, the TH20 is definitely lighter for longer periods of use and far more comfortable to wear.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like my TH20 quite a bit. Even with the 250 L from a single AA it is more than sufficient for my needs. What sold me was the neutral to warm tint and the firefly mode which ThruNite has perfected and has in nearly all its product line.

thejrod

Newly Enlightened
Was debating this myself. The TH10 is old/dated, and outperformed by other lights these days (due for update?). The TH20 sounds great, but spec-wise it's pretty heavy for what it is (a single AA headlamp). The 14500 compatibility is cool, but I'd have concerns regarding runtime at full output (I doubt you'd get an hour).
The Acebeam H20 has caught my eye as a lightweight, high output 18650 headlamp (lighter than the TH20), but it's also twice as much money.

wildcatter

Newly Enlightened
For sure for sure, the TH20 is all I expected and more!! With the 14500 Sanyo 850 I had 110 minuets on high constant and still had more than it would give halfway between low and high with a AA Tenergy NiMH. The TH10 wont be getting much use, but for those that like more light than necessary, it is sure to please. Both these lights leave no doubt they are of the NW version, actually more towards warm light. I love em both, but like I said the TH20 is the one that will see most use!

The light gives me excellent spill and with the infinite intensity is truly everything we have been told!!

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
ThruNite delivers, no doubt.

Glad you are as happy with the TH20 as I am. :thumbsup: