Olight X7 coming 15.9.2016 (3x XHP70, 9000 lumens)

maukka

Enlightened
EDIT: Please read my review of the X7 here:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-X7-Marauder-measurements-(3x-XHP70-4x-18650)

Light is available to purchase from Olight: http://www.olightstore.com/led-flashlights/safety-and-self-defense/olight-x7-marauder

They have posted this on their website. Seems that the lumen output has been upped from 8000 to 9000.

EIHHOstg.jpg

Selected lights has some specs.

Last edited:

eneoros

Newly Enlightened
a serious bump in lummens 9000lm means a lot of heath. its interesting for how long and will it be temporised or termaly step down. The high will it have more than 3000lm and so on. soon we will know :)
Hope our friends will make some rally interesting reviews of this little beast.

thejrod

Newly Enlightened
They're definitely focused on hitting massive numbers lately (requiring stepdowns). No reason to think this would be any different. Hopefully there's a "high" mode that is sustainable for some length of time well above 3k lumens.

mntbighker

Newly Enlightened
So 3000 per XH-P70.

How long before the lights must have active cooling of some kind? :cool:

ven

Flashaholic
Nice looking compact light, olight build, hopefully nice UI ...........trouble for me is, it does not really bring anything new to the party. Maybe potential of 11/12k @ 4000lm per xhp70 when v54'ed. Shaved dome, 5000k options will give another form to it. Still the tn36UTvn has it pretty much dominated for this size/output at 13k.

eneoros

Newly Enlightened
the thrunite tn36ut is a good competitor, Niwalker mm15mb too, but claimed USB charging is one big argument when traveling and overall ability to charge the flashlight through the most common charging port, i dont see wearing all the time i4 chgarger or spare pack of batteries.

Skeeterg

Enlightened
Been long time waiting for this monster. The price maybe getting a bit high on these torches.

TheIntruder

Newly Enlightened
They're definitely focused on hitting massive numbers lately (requiring stepdowns). No reason to think this would be any different. Hopefully there's a "high" mode that is sustainable for some length of time well above 3k lumens.

While Olight still flaunts the flashy numbers like everyone else, they at least acknowledge the stepdowns in their specs.

Most aren't as forthcoming, which is disappointing, if not a bit deceptive.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast

Even if the driver can sustain constant output, heat will probably remain the other limiting factor, at that level of output, that will eventually force a stepdown.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
$300. for this new Olight? I say shop around. I'm glad I got me an MM15MBVN while they were available. I guess we'll see how this new Olight light does with throw, UI and everything else once it comes out.

doug5551

Newly Enlightened
On Facebook the rep said it will hold 9k for 3 minutes and then drop and 300 meters of throw.

easilyled

Flashaholic

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
this is Olight X7 Marauder "official" output specifications...

OutputSpec.jpg

there are 2 ordering options, standard package (just the light) and kit package (includes batteries, chargers, etc.)

RedBaron

Newly Enlightened
On Olight's site they offer 18650 High discharge batts in the kit ... Are these different from regular Olight (or other top brand) 3.7/34-3600mAh batts?