Klarus        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barbolight is here again.

Default Barbolight is here again.

Hello CPFrs.

Its been more than 10 years since I started Barbolight company. Since then, a lot of things happened, being one of them the fact of loosing the control of the company. Well, too long story probably to be told here and now.

My life changed, I continued as an entrepreneur, and I have been working on lighting industry for many years.. and I still do. But I always had the dream of recovering my first designs, updated, improved, but keeping the same philosophy.

During this years, many divers and cave-divers have been loyal to the old reliable Barbolights. In fact, they pushed me to be here again... And this time I had the advantage of being much more familiar with the industry, having access to very expensive equipment and good professionals. One of my goals, the most important, its been the keep the legendary reliability, and for this I have refused to add all those electronic extras. They are diving lights for the demanding diver, for those who are not thinking on the set up of the many modes, the ones who just need a reliable source of bright light. I used the best available materials, 7075 alloy, admiralty brass, polycarbonate.... But well, we will have time enough to talk about the specs and results of the tests. Here you are the pictures of the 4 and 12 Watt models. Single and double 18650, CREE XML-HI, single mode, twist on.

Oh, by the way. I added a motto, it is laser engraved on the lense, but is quite elusive to be photographed. The motto is: "AD UTRUMQUE PARATUS". Why? because I'm a spaniard, because I like it.

Barbo U-15 being tested on the photogoniometer.

Optimizing the U-04 reflector.

I'm very proud of the design of the new tailcap. It can stand up but can be switched while hanging from the harness with a single hand.

The U-15.

Complete set, with batteries and two speed charger. And a veeeery nice case.

AD UTRUMQUE PARATUS

Any questions, as usual, more than welcome.

UPDATE 16-09-16, EXCERPT OF GONIOPHOTOMETER REPORTS

NEW BARBO U-04 11296 lx @ 1meter. Angle: 5,40º

NEW BARBO U-15. 45449 lx @ 1 meter. Angle: 3,40º.

Javier
    Last edited by Barbarin; 11-25-2016 at 03:07 AM.

Default Re: Barbolight is here again.

Very interested in the U-04.

I just finished selling my 4 Barbolights ~2 months ago. Interested in seeing the U-04 come to fruition.

And welcome back! I tried to add that in the other night but I was on sloooow internet connection
    Last edited by nfetterly; 09-16-2016 at 05:31 AM.

Flashaholic*

glad to see these coming back! still looks like theyre built like tanks!

These are amazing looking . Beautiful work

Thanks, friends. I'll update you information very soon. Yes, they are built like a tank, IP69K 20 ATM (200 meters)

Javier

That's a submarine and I like it excited

Updated information on first post. Excerpts of goniophotometer reports.

Flashaholic*

any ballpark idea on price yet?

Welcome back. I don't dive. However, I do own a few "dive" lights. I like the solid construction. I was lucky enough to handle a old Barbo in the past and I was very impressed. These look even better! I would be interested in the U-04. I like the form factor.
    Do you have a website, or are you planning on creating one?
    Thanks.
    I wish you the best of luck in your "new" venture. Keep us posted.
    Interested in Saltytri lights. Pm me!

Flashaholic*

any chance to make any available in a "host only" set up?

Quote Originally Posted by tab665 View Post
    any ballpark idea on price yet?
    Hello Tab,

Thanks for your interest. They will range, depending on the accessories such as the case, charger, batteries... I guess most of the people in this forum will be interested in the "raw" model, many of you have already all what is needed to make the light work, so this will take the price to under 100US$, plus of course an additional discount for the forum. Probably less than 90$ for the U-04, and around 150$ for the big one. But trust me, I'll do my best on a initial run, so prices may improve for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Str8stroke View Post
    Welcome back. I don't dive. However, I do own a few "dive" lights. I like the solid construction. I was lucky enough to handle a old Barbo in the past and I was very impressed. These look even better! I would be interested in the U-04. I like the form factor.
    Do you have a website, or are you planning on creating one?
    Thanks.
    I wish you the best of luck in your "new" venture. Keep us posted.
    Thanks for you kind words. I'm working now on a "blog" style website. I'll keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by tab665 View Post
    any chance to make any available in a "host only" set up?
    Yes, for "selected" flashaholics, not as a regular sale.
    Last edited by Barbarin; 09-22-2016 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarin View Post
    Yes, for "selected" flashaholics, not as a regular sale.
    Boy that's cool and very exciting. I'll cross my flashaholic fingers :smiling:

Not into diving lately, but very happy to see Barbolights again. Best wishes Javier

I'd be interested as well.

Unenlightened

Brilliant news Javier!

I still have my Barbolight torches - from 9 years of diving (and hundreds of dives).

They have been in dives in the West Coast of Scotland, Scapa Flow, some flooded caves in France and England.

Quite simply, they are the best, most rugged torches you can get. World leading cave divers still use them in places like Pozo Azul and Oyu Le Madre

Here is some footage of a recent dive in Wookey Hole in England, there is a lot of caving, climbing, crawling (and mud) involved and you can just make out my Barbolight (on my right forearm at the end of this shot) :

https://www.youtube.com/user/stirlingscuba

You can see the torch at:

2:11 (briefly)
    2:34 (very briefly)
    4:08 (climbing down a ladder)

It has never let me down and the only downside to them is you can't get them any more - until now...
    Last edited by irnbru; 10-31-2016 at 09:41 AM.

Hello Tab,

Thanks for your interest. They will range, depending on the accessories such as the case, charger, batteries... I guess most of the people in this forum will be interested in the "raw" model, many of you have already all what is needed to make the light work, so this will take the price to under 100US$, plus of course an additional discount for the forum. Probably less than 90$ for the U-04, and around 150$ for the big one. But trust me, I'll do my best on a initial run, so prices may improve for you.
    At this price I'd have to pick up a U-04 to try out. Very nice design and I look forward to seeing one in person at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by jdboy View Post
    At this price I'd have to pick up a U-04 to try out. Very nice design and I look forward to seeing one in person at some point.
    +1 Im in for the U-04 also. Amazing workmanship. Please keep us updated. Thank you!!

Flashaholic

Javier, what a pleasant surprise!
    I am glad to see (read from you) again!

Back in 2008 I wrote my first review of the Barbolight U04 on the German Messerforum. I had several Barbolight flashlights (including the special editions) and with today, I still own 3:
    My first U04, a T220 and a T900 (both were provided by you for testing).
    The U04 was slightly modded with an XML LED (long time ago), the T900 is in my patrol bag (still like the beautiful beam and color). The T220 was a user and abuser and there is something loose in the head (I can hear it rattle), so it sits in my shelf most of the time.

I am absolutely interested in a new version of the U04 for tactical/police use!
    1x 18650, a modern LED, a useful amount of power, and the famous bomb proof built quality of Barbolight.
    Will there be the momentary switch again?
    And please use the rough knurling like it was on the old and first U04. In all the years I never found a knuling better than this!

Did you ever think about using an TIR optic?

I am really happy to see new products and livesigns from you.

Greetings from Germany
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by grinsefalle View Post
    Javier, what a pleasant surprise!
    I am glad to see (read from you) again!

Back in 2008 I wrote my first review of the Barbolight U04 on the German Messerforum. I had several Barbolight flashlights (including the special editions) and with today, I still own 3:
    My first U04, a T220 and a T900 (both were provided by you for testing).
    The U04 was slightly modded with an XML LED (long time ago), the T900 is in my patrol bag (still like the beautiful beam and color). The T220 was a user and abuser and there is something loose in the head (I can hear it rattle), so it sits in my shelf most of the time.

I am absolutely interested in a new version of the U04 for tactical/police use!
    1x 18650, a modern LED, a useful amount of power, and the famous bomb proof built quality of Barbolight.
    Will there be the momentary switch again?
    And please use the rough knurling like it was on the old and first U04. In all the years I never found a knuling better than this!

Did you ever think about using an TIR optic?

I am really happy to see new products and livesigns from you.

Greetings from Germany
    Michael
    Great stuff here Mike. Makes me more excited to get this light! Thanks for writing these positive points

Hi all, and sorry for the hyper slow update on this thread. Well, I just came from LV, as I attended the DEMA SHOW (Dive Equipment Manufacturers Association), with the idea of being able to make the necessary agreements to set up technical service in the States as well and on other countries. My policy is to try to be able to give the best possible CS before selling the lights. Not an easy job, but up to now is working.

When are the lights going to be ready? In fact everything is ready, just wanted to make it perfect, but before the end of the year I will be able to offer you the first run.

BTW, here you are one picture of us playing with the lights in Valley of Fire, exactly the U-15.

Looks like a very usable beam profile, great work! Will you let us know about sales via this thread or will there be another thread started in the "Sales" forums we need to watch out for?

Hi all, and sorry for the hyper slow update on this thread. Well, I just came from LV, as I attended the DEMA SHOW (Dive Equipment Manufacturers Association), with the idea of being able to make the necessary agreements to set up technical service in the States as well and on other countries. My policy is to try to be able to give the best possible CS before selling the lights. Not an easy job, but up to now is working.

When are the lights going to be ready? In fact everything is ready, just wanted to make it perfect, but before the end of the year I will be able to offer you the first run.

BTW, here you are one picture of us playing with the lights in Valley of Fire, exactly the U-15.

Perfect !!!!!! Christmas present to myself. Beautiful picture. Thank you for the update!!

Welcome back, Javier! Where can we purchase your lights?
    Cheers from the McGizmo state.

I'm new to high quality flashlights and CPF, but this sure seems like a light that will be worth the wait. I hope we see more info soon.

Great lights but I'm afraid still poor customer service. Last login was 25th of November.... more than 7 weeks ago....

Banned

I noticed the same thing just by observation when checking out this thread!

His last "Post" on this thread is actually NOVEMBER 23RD,2016!

Quote Originally Posted by Capolini View Post
    I noticed the same thing just by observation when checking out this thread!

His last "Post" on this thread is actually NOVEMBER 23RD,2016!

Sorry... But, are you complaining about the customer service of a product that has not been sold to anyone by a company that has not been set up? That is surreal... at least.
    I decided to post information about upcoming lights, and did it here first than in any other place. If I havent updated information is because there is no information to update, that's it.
    Last edited by Barbarin; 03-27-2017 at 06:49 PM.

Great to see you post Javier! Just stumbled onto this thread, love the lights! Stay safe and hope all goes well for you! Thanks for not forgetting CPF.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast