Hyper Lux question???

lightoftheworld

Newly Enlightened
On the TNC Custom Products site, they offer a Mineral Glass Lens for $4.95 as a Hyper-Lux accessory. Why? Does the Hyper Lux not come with a lens, or is that a better lens, or is it just an extra one in case the one you have breaks?

Also, I am trying to decide between a Hyper Lux V and a Streamlight TL-2, or a Polystinger. I really like the Streamlight TL-2. Is there some reason why Pilas would work better in the Hyper Lux than the Streamlight? Do recheargables work better in LED lights?
(I edited this question to shorten it because I think I upset someone by asking a battery question in this forum, and that was not my intent.) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks, Shane

chalo

Newly Enlightened
Mineral glass (watch crystal) has up to 8% better light transmission than polycarbonate, and is very scratch-resistant. On the other hand, polycarbonate is a high-impact, shatterproof material-- and cheaper.

OEMs usually prefer the more goof-proof polycarbonate, but it is mighty considerate when they choose to offer both options to the buyer.

Chalo Colina