Upgrading and heat sink question; also my first post

Pentaxmedic

Newly Enlightened
Before I knew this forum existed, I purchased a cree led C8 knockoff. I say knockoff because I've never heard of the name. "pocketman" It boasted 3000 lumens, which I doubted but it only cost $6. With that being said, could I replace the LED, switch, and other parts as sort of a project? I see plenty of C8 parts (closely resembles this), but not sure how much this thing could handle (lumens, heat, etc). It doesn't appear to have a heat sink.

8zU6d6.jpg

This particular piece above is silver in my flashlight. Is this considered the heat sink? I'm not entirely sure I could fit a heat sink into this light. This light uses an 18650 battery. The tail cap clicky has high, med, low, and strobe settings. There is no memory, so when I turn it on, it automatically chooses the next setting. Ive always been interested in putting together my own led flashlight, and thought this would be a cheap way to try it out. Anything you guys can offer would be helpful.

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome! No worries, glad you found what you were looking for. There are a bunch of great places we like to frequent for repair/ upgrade parts. Mountain Electronics; Illum; International Outdoor; Nightmods; Customlites - and those are just the ones I've visited over the last couple weeks :)

Plenty of modders here, so don't be afraid to ask. More information than your wallet can handle!

mrheosuper

Newly Enlightened
If you want, this c8 can be over 2000-2500lumen with right driver and xhp70
Kaidomain has many part, you can find something on it
But normal mod would be replace the led( xhp hi) driver(blf a6, 8*7135), change the glass to coated one
It will be a little thrower