Got my 4+ today!! (New Beam Shots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LED

Newly Enlightened
Almost tore something in my hand and peed myself opening the package. Nice, bright and white and seems to work as described. The tail cap is a little darker though? I also ordered one of Peter's close out 123 twisty packs for my Arc LS and a 1w star, but was charged and sent TSP-2AA. The Lumileds led was supposed to be "M3 or better", but got a M4. errrrr /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif My battery order was reduced too, to 3 packs of CR123, but I guess it said that on the web page? I sent Peter an email explaining about the wrong battery pack, but haven't received anything back yet.

I got more love for Peter and his lights than a man should have for another man but I'm feeling just a little cheap and violated right now.. Should I just shut up and quit being a puss?

I'm really happy about the light, so I don't want to chance getting another dimmer or slightly tinted one if I send this one back. Besides, I was 'ok' with it at first glance.
4+.jpg

About 20 feet away!!
4+beam.jpg

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Got my 4+ today!!

peter might have made a mistake regarding the P-123 pack you ordered. about the batteries, it is stated clearly on the order page that only 3 packs of batteries are allowed per order /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

no idea about the LED though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice pics! Thanks. 1 question: There's hardly any spill light. Is that the way it really looks?

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
LED said:
I'm really happy about the light, so I don't want to chance getting another dimmer or slightly tinted one if I send this one back.

[/ QUOTE ]
LED,

I wouldn't worry about the tint or brightness of a replacement that you might decide to ask for. I got a batch of the 4+s and found that when placed side-by-side, they all had the same white-white color. The brightness appeared the same also. I had to use a meter to see any differences.

Paul

LED

Newly Enlightened

carl, Peter doesn't use a colluminator in the Arc 4 but a reflector. It is interesting about the optics (Colluminator (SP)) vs reflector. I think the trend is going to reflectors for efficiency and throw. Duno? But sure was a good choice for the 4! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

LED

Newly Enlightened

Thanks Paul! Does your tail caps match? Probably just keep this one as my work light.

Just got off the phone with Mary and it seem Acr is going to exchange the TST for the twisty I had ordered, but said Peter told her that the M4 emitter was brighter than the M3. Is this true? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Prolepsis

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
PaulW said:
I wouldn't worry about the tint or brightness of a replacement that you might decide to ask for. I got a batch of the 4+s and found that when placed side-by-side, they all had the same white-white color. The brightness appeared the same also. I had to use a meter to see any differences.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi PaulW:

My two 4+ firsts have a different tint (noticeable to the naked eye) when placed side by side. One is slightly purplish (very very slight), while the other one has a hint of apple green. Though, of course, the green one is still less green than my SureFire L4 or my LSH-S.

ViciousCycle74

Newly Enlightened

I've noticed the same as Prolepsis with my 2 Arc4s. One is a 1st, and the others a 2nd. The slightly (and I do mean very slightly) green one is the second, although by itself it's one of the whitest LED lights I've seen

LED

Newly Enlightened

Here are some more beam shots. I tried to capture all the different brightness levels but may have duplicated one or two.

These were all taken at about 20 feet as the first one.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast

LED -- No, none of my tailcaps match the bodies. They're close, but under a bright light I can see that the caps are a little darker.

Prolepsis & ViciousCycle74 -- Sorry to hear about the different beam colors. I guess I just got lucky. However, you do have the advantage of selection now -- you can choose the light to carry based on the color of the clothes you wear that day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Paul

Prolepsis

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
PaulW said:
Prolepsis & ViciousCycle74 -- Sorry to hear about the different beam colors. I guess I just got lucky. However, you do have the advantage of selection now -- you can choose the light to carry based on the color of the clothes you wear that day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha. Good point. I'm wearing a purple dress shirt today. And I'm carry my slightly purple-tinted ARC4+ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Actually, I just use the purplish one all the time, since I got that ARC4+ first /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif And I prefer slightly purple to slightly green. The other one is a backup and is kept in its bag /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast

i prefer a slightly blue-tinted light at night, but in the daytime a slightly green-tinted light appears much whiter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif i hate purple-tinted LEDs though, because they sometimes appear pink /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.