Banggood shopping experience review

GODOFWAR

Banned
As the title says it is a nightmare I have purchased 3 lights from banggood The astrolux A01 in green color & orange & the copper and that was about 10 days ago I have received everything I bought from Amazon at the same time I bought these lights from them I chatted with them every time they give me a false date ( when I bought them they say in Stock clearly ) they keep saying wait for 2 days and we will ship them to U and guess what nothing happened and they keep saying that wait for 2 days wait for 3 days and so on they keep lying I wish I have never deal with them and to this moment nothing happened I DID NOT RECEIVE My LIGHTS !!

Last edited:

GODOFWAR

Banned
Comparing Banggood shipping to Amazon shipping? ok

No that's not the point It's been more than 10 days every time I ask them they say please wait we will restock them in 2 days and after that nothing happened! And when I asked again they say please wait for 3 days and so on when I purchased them they were in stock and today they told me please wait it will restock in 26 September!

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
Service levels and delivery times are very different coming from China. You'll get the product for cheap. And you will almost certainly get it. But if you have ANY kind of time requirement it is best to buy elsewhere.

Between their supply/stock, customs, shipping times on boat or air, and then the handout to other carriers here, it is wildly unpredictable. 12 days to 6 weeks for in stock items seems par; if you're waiting for stock, well, they'll sell you what they don't have yet then you'll both hope for the best. Obviously they haven't gotten the stock shipment they expected yet.

Keep patience and hope for the best or just cancel the order.

Koam

Newly Enlightened
Did you pay for expedited shipping? Free shipping say 7-20 days. Did you insure it? If you're happy with Amazon stick with them. Check CCC for pricing. I realize you have a stock issue and not a shipping issue but it's good to insure and be aware of shipping times.

Ive ordered a few times from Gearbest and Banggood and have been happy with both. Some 26650 batteries were out of stock but eventually came in and shipped. Amazon won't even ship batteries to me. I've also bought things from Amazon that took months to be in stock and ship. I did know up front though and Amazon would send periodic notices asking me if I still wanted item. You have to decide if the wait is worth the savings.

Last edited:

LeafSamurai

Enlightened
My experience with them was similar. I ordered the Astrolux A01 as well three weeks ago and they were in stock when I ordered them. However, they did not ship until two days ago and that's after I sent two emails to them. As most people have said on this thread, you just have to be patient. If you can't wait, cancel the order and get your money back.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
No that's not the point It's been more than 10 days every time I ask them they say please wait we will restock them in 2 days and after that nothing happened! And when I asked again they say please wait for 3 days and so on when I purchased them they were in stock and today they told me please wait it will restock in 26 September!

Ah ok gotcha! I wasn't sure at first what you were trying to say.
As I understand the "In Stock", it can be tricky on websites. Others could have the item in their cart as the same time as you. They could also increase the Quantity at the very minute you are checking out. Some sites inventory system shows Returns as In Stock, when it may be a defective product waiting for inspection. Does that make sense? That was all explained to be by some folks at another Chinese website when I ran into a similar problem. So, I guess the long story is, In Stock can have several variables. Aggravating, yes indeed.
Oh, if you are in the US, I always check to see if they have the Item in a US Warehouse. The shipping is a whole lot quicker, assuming it is really In Stock! lol

Good luck.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Amazon has us spoiled.

SolarFarce sent me notice they'd shipped my package overnight air mail. It showed up in the States 5 days later then tracking showed it was delivered 750 miles from me some 10 days later.. then about 3 days later the package showed up at my house. They'd transposed part of the tracking numbers... anyway I was pleased as punch with the items. So anytime I order direct from China I expect chaotic tracking (if any at all), weeks of wait time and a big grin on my face when it does arrive.

I have a package stuck in customs as this is typed. It's been, oh.... 8 days I suppose...

Bangood is ok, just don't expect Amazon efficiency.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish I have never deal with them and to this moment nothing happened I DID NOT RECEIVE My LIGHTS !!

I can understand your expectation of more instant gratification, as an American consumer myself.

You could still cancel and order from Amazon, but it looks like Ordering from China saves $40, and could actually be faster, if you can believe the websites. Sometimes things from China take a while.
Here are links to what the websites say today for the Astrolux A01 Copper Nichia 219B:

Bangood $29.95 w Free Shipping
"In stock, usually dispatched in 1 business day"

Amazon $69.90 + $9.99 shipping
"Estimated Delivery Date: Oct. 14 - 28"

btw, there are reports that recent A01 nichias are different, more yellow and higher CCT than the previous run. And if you want to return something, it might be easier with Amazon (that may be built in to the higher price)

Last edited by a moderator:

GODOFWAR

Banned
I can understand your expectation of more instant gratification, as an American consumer myself.

You could still cancel and order from Amazon, but it looks like Ordering from China saves $40, and could actually be faster, if you can believe the websites. Sometimes things from China take a while.
Here are links to what the websites say today for the Astrolux A01 Copper Nichia 219B:

btw, there are reports that recent A01 nichias are different, more yellow and higher CCT than the previous run. And if you want to return something, it might be easier with Amazon (that may be built in to the higher price)

Different Nichias ? The source please

Koam

Newly Enlightened

FYI From M4DM4X posting at BLF... $10 off with 929cd8 code. Scroll down list.

*link removed

Koam

Newly Enlightened
803D9032-AA70-4E4D-A021-A2C56050D287_zpsknrlkam2.png
[/URL][/IMG]

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not know if this was a Nitecore issue or a Banggood issue but I ordered 2 NC 14500's exact same model from them. When I got them I noticed something was off. I measured them with digital calipers one cell was 50.5mm long the other 52.5mm long. Never seen that before. I actually got the cells pretty quickly.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
I've probably bought about 50 items total from banggood. Is it always the greatest? No. Is there a particular reason I've bought 50 items from them? Yes.

Redemption

Newly Enlightened
I ordered 3 lights on Sept 10 from Banggood that I thought were "in stock". They shipped Sept 22. Will let you know when I get them. I don't mind waiting after it is shipped but the time from purchase to shipped was a bit long for me. I was also never told the order was put into backordered status, I found out by logging in and looking at my order.

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
Once shipped my orders average around 3 weeks to get here. I don't pay for insurance and I don't pay for expedited. I currently have 71 orders, some are still processing, one is backordered, a few are still in the mail and the rest I have received.

fkrow

Newly Enlightened
My order was shipped to USA on Sept 8,,,, not yet received.
Apparently 3 weeks + is normal?

Regards,
FK