ARC4 Accessories (cheap and easy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpeg

Enlightened
...Just trying to consolidate all my stupid ideas...

A few days ago after spending a wasted hour on Google looking for a workable tripod mount for the ARC4, I designed and posted this idea for Darell in the ARC4 tailguard thread.
Once my brain kicked in, I guess I had a hard time turning it off.

Yes it's sort of a pathetic joke to be putting these really cheap home made accessories on such a killer and expensive light, but I figure if you paid $180.00 for the ARC4, you might not have much change left over for accessories, so until you scrounge up the cash to buy the real things, or if the real thing just doesn't exist, I submit to you these ideas for amusement/inspiration...
Hopefully some other folks will join in.

Here's the pic that started it all...

tripodMount.gif

This allows you to use one of the ARC4's clip screw holes to attach the light to a tripod.

jpeg

Enlightened
Re: ARC4 Mods (cheap and easy)

This was brought up in the same thread, and will work as an extra and complete physical lock out with the new tailcap design due out in April.
cheapLockout.gif

jpeg

Enlightened

This is a mod of the above design that works with the standard tailcap
Pen Cap idea provided by Mike, aka Lightbright, who says the pencap has enough friction to stay on by itself.
I just like overkill I guess... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
standardLockout.gif

jpeg

Enlightened

I got the inspiration for this night-vision cap from a "how to make your own 3-D glasses website...
redFilter.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

he's finally gone off the deep end! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

great stuff! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MY

Enlightened

Wow, just think what jpeg could do if his ideas weren't limited by just using soda bottles and caps! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif

jpeg

Enlightened

MY: They cancled the electronics program the year before I got into high school, otherwise, I'm pretty sure I would have taken over the world by now... Mwhahahahaaaa

bwcaw: Thanks man, I used to do graphics design for a living, so I just whipped them up in illustrator.

If anyone has any more stupid (or not so stupid) ideas, I'll be happy to illustrate them for ya. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.