ArmyTek        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rofis TR20 18650 rechargeable anglelight flashlight

Angry where do I send this junk?

where should I send this P.O.S. impersonating a precision piece of equipment?

I have gone from being an outspoken advocate of ROFIS to now a knowing believer in their desire for quality service.
    They went out of their way to help me
    Last edited by tsask; 11-07-2016 at 07:08 AM.

Default Re: It's going back asap, I need a refund

I could see that angled head being very useful for my search/rescue work, clipped to a pack or strap etc... But I would never trust that flimsy clip-on clip. I only buy lights that have properly attached clips. Also, for extended outdoor use, color temp of the LED must be neutral, this doesnt say if it is blue tint or neutral tint.

Default Re: Rofis TR20 18650 rechargeable anglelight flashlight

Rofis gave you a recommendation for a local reseller and asked for your address. Possibly to send a replacement. Rofis said they'd try to contact Gearbest on your behalf. Not much time has elapsed buy you seem impatient.

Gearbest does require patience to deal with. There is no free lunch. Getting the big discount comes with some costs, including slow shipping time and response delays with customer service. There are tons of threads on here about GB experiences. Generally speaking if you do what is asked (with videos and pictures to prove the problem), they will make it right. Yes, more hoops to jump through than normal for other places. But they are selling at discounts you can't get elsewhere. No free lunch.

To the casual observer here it seems that you are unwilling to follow the full GB service process, yet want a free replacement. You want to buy local from an authorized place at discounted overseas prices. You were contacted by rofis on here; have you replied as requested and given the process time to work?
    If a couple weeks you're in the same boat then okay, but it seems a bit heated for this early on in the process 3 days in.

Edit: Also this is a review thread, not a jeers thread. There's a separate area for that.
    Last edited by Bdm82; 11-05-2016 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rofisbenny View Post
    We are sorry for this trouble. We will solve this problem for you. We will adjust the force of rotation. Please send your address to rofisinfo@rofislight.com, We will send a new flashlight for you.

Rofis Team
    They offered a new light for you, they didn't follow through or what?

Anyone compare this to the now discontinued ThruNight TN20? Build quality etc... I really like and use the .24 lumens Moon mode on the TN 20.

Probably similar since thrunite & rofis collaborated on the original tn20. It appears the tr20 is an upgrade to the tn20 with a more powerful led and an upgraded tail cap design
    a single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows- St. Francis of Assissi

Quote Originally Posted by Bdm82 View Post
    Rofis gave you a recommendation for a local reseller and asked for your address. Possibly to send a replacement. Rofis said they'd try to contact Gearbest on your behalf. Not much time has elapsed buy you seem impatient.

Gearbest does require patience to deal with. There is no free lunch. Getting the big discount comes with some costs, including slow shipping time and response delays with customer service. There are tons of threads on here about GB experiences. Generally speaking if you do what is asked (with videos and pictures to prove the problem), they will make it right. Yes, more hoops to jump through than normal for other places. But they are selling at discounts you can't get elsewhere. No free lunch.

To the casual observer here it seems that you are unwilling to follow the full GB service process, yet want a free replacement. You want to buy local from an authorized place at discounted overseas prices. You were contacted by rofis on here; have you replied as requested and given the process time to work?
    If a couple weeks you're in the same boat then okay, but it seems a bit heated for this early on in the process 3 days in.

Edit: Also this is a review thread, not a jeers thread. There's a separate area for that.
    "Getting the big discount comes with some costs" I agree

I gave ROFIS my address and have heard NOTHING since. gearbest stinks, Rofis has communicated a little with me but not since I left my address. yes this is a review thread not a jeer, OK the TR 20 is a piece of junk. Gearbest stinks and will NOT refund my purchase price!

Hello to you Maukka, in "the Land of a million lakes" :-) yes I would like to follow up with Rofis, there has been some communication and I would say that Rofisbenny has contacted me about this and seems very willing to help.

Quote Originally Posted by aginthelaw View Post
    Probably similar since thrunite & rofis collaborated on the original tn20. It appears the tr20 is an upgrade to the tn20 with a more powerful led and an upgraded tail cap design
    I like the on/off click at the bottom on the JR 20 Rofis. that is one reason why I have not bought the Klarus AR10. The magnetic tail cap on the TR 20 may offer some benefits in the absence of the "easy access in a holster" bottom tailcap switch.

Hi tsask,We have sent replacement to you by free. Any other questions please feel free to contact with me on our work email. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rofisbenny View Post
    Hi tsask,We have sent replacement to you by free. Any other questions please feel free to contact with me on our work email. Thanks.
    here is my message to Rofisbenny:
    thank you!

Please know how much I appreciate your kindness and integrity. Excellent solution to this problem!
    well done Sir!

Au Re: It's going back asap, I need a refund

Quote Originally Posted by tsask View Post
    here is my message to Rofisbenny: thank you! Please know how much I appreciate your kindness and integrity. Excellent solution to this problem! well done Sir!

The Rofis people did what they promised the replacement light is here. Unfortunately this light can not adjust the head to 45 degrees either. I am not sure about it working as well because it does not light without USB cord attached to my computer.

I am not angry at you all, just sad about choosing what to me is an inferior product.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12