Milwaukee M12 LED aluminum metal flashlight (2355)

Brewer

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, a bit surprised not to see any mention of this flashlight here yet. It's my latest acquisition and I'm really impressed.

2355-20_3.png
48-59-2420.png
2355-20_C-LightSpread1_B.png

Lovely neutral tint. Great optics and zoom action. Separate mode and power button.
Onboard battery level indicator (finally, thank you universe). Uses M12 (12v) tool batteries, easy to charge and carry spares and quick to swap.
Slightly odd shape but you get used to it.

800 lumens, 3.75hrs on compact 3.0Ah battery pack (7.5hrs on square footprint 6.0Ah battery pack)
325 lumens, 5.25hrs on compact 3.0Ah battery pack (10.5hrs on square footprint 6.0Ah battery pack)
Strobe mode same runtime as 325 lumen mode.

(Runtimes estimated based on Milwaukee's latest generation of batteries, older/cheaper/smaller capacity batteries will obviously be less).

$100 for the flashlight, plus $50-ish for charger and batteries if you're not already into Milwaukee's 12v system (worth getting into, their 12v tools are excellent, and they also have goodies like heated clothing and a USB power bank).

49-24-2310_A.jpg
. . . . . . . .
48-59-1204_2.png

Anyway, it's my favourite light by a wide margin so I thought I'd share :twothumbs

Last edited:

Taz80

Enlightened
It's pretty expensive if your not already invested into M12 tools, or even if you are. For me, if I can't put a flashlight into my back pocket its to big. It's also lacking a reasonable low mode. I am however liking the looks of that USB power bank, I haven't seen that before, and the new flood light. I agree the M12 system is very good.

Brewer

Newly Enlightened
It's pretty expensive if your not already invested into M12 tools

You're not the first to say this, but I'm not so sure. I'm in Australia so pricing is mental here anyway, but I recently nearly choked when I glimpsed the price of a rechargeable Maglite kit. It was nearly $300 Aussie. Didn't look to see what it included, but I'd guess that was light, charger and one battery or at best two. The Milwaukee is almost certainly a better flashlight (don't underestimate it) for less money, and 'we flashaholics' often spend that. In the states you'll pick it up for half what I had to pay, and I think I got a good deal.

A lot of effort has gone into the optics and zoom, and it's beautiful. Sure the 'cutting edge' mfrs will have higher specs available today, but this is a seriously good light.

Taz80

Enlightened
It's about $100 US for the bare tool, my problem isn't so much the price ( just look at the prices for Led Lensers ) it's the size. I'll probably end up getting it anyway because I like zoomies. And I can sort of conceal the purchase of it when buying material for a project.

Brewer

Newly Enlightened
It is big, and pretty hefty. It's certainly not an EDC kinda thing, it's a 'I need some serious quality light, and I might need it for a while' kinda thing. Honestly I think a low low mode would probably be more of an annoyance on a light like this, it just isn't for that kind of work.

I do find that the mode button is too close to the power button, and I often mash both of them by accident, but I'll learn. The sad truth is I'll probably get a second one so I can have one at home next to the door and one in the work ute.

BTW there's another cool light in the M12 system, the lantern/floodlight - has 3 vertical arrays of LEDs that can all point forward for task lighting, or be rotated (with a twisting collar mechanism) to point out at 60 degrees to each other for full lantern mode. Oh, and it also has a fuel gauge and a 2amp USB charge port:

2362-20_2.png
2362-20_A.png
2362-20_D_FINAL.jpg

MX421

Enlightened
Yeah Makita and a few of the other makers have the worklights with the multiple LEDs for around the same price. I have the 18v Makita and 12v Millwaukee systems and the LED worklight for the Makita, but after i got a few flashlights (especially headlamps) for about the price of the 50% off sale i get the LED worklight, i hardly use it any more. Too bulky for me. If i want something that big, I'll reack for my thrower... YMMV though.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a few years too late, but have some M12 batteries and I would be tempted to get this light.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got mine years ago. It was a special buy from Home Depot with a free Milwaukee D2 tool steel Hardline knife. I use the knife more frequently than the light. For a work light, it's durable being aluminum and has enough mass to not dim down on high like smaller lights, but not having an adjustable angle head or attachment points that make it hands free for performing tasks makes it subpar for a work light. All you can do is ceiling bounce it, which for finished rooms works fine. However, for construction work, nothing is ever really finished. For all around use, (work, camping, emergencies), I find the 12 and 18 volt Milwaukee lanterns are much more useful. For a bright work light, I like the 3000 lumen 18 volt Rover light best. I don't own the newer 4000 lumen version but I'm in no hurry or need to upgrade.

Latest posts