Default Settings for ARC+

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KETCHUP

I received my arc+ seconds, and I am very impressed so far. I was playing with it, checking out all the option and settings. It all works and I have fun playing with it. Now i want to go back to the original settings. When I first got the arc+ the seetings are click once=level 1, double click=level 8 and triple click=level 15. How do I go back to the original/default settings.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
frenchyled: resetting the light will not reset the light levels back to its default setting. you will have to do it manually /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

btw ketchup, the number of light levels i counted including the dimmest and brightest setting is 16.

just for reference, this is the default settings for software revision 123:

[Default Settings]

{Brightness Levels}
Primary: 1/16
Secondary: 7/16

{Advanced Options}
SOS: Off
Switch Lock: Off
Force Primary (toggle): Off
Locator Flash (toggle): Off
Ready For Service (toggle): On
Semi-Momentary (toggle): Off
Pure-Momentary: Off

K

KETCHUP

chamenos, thx for your reply, Pls anybody i want to know how to manually setup the factory default settings. The one click=level 1, double click=level 7, and triple click=level 16. brightness level.

I also removed the battery( all night) and didn't removed the new bightness level. There must be a easy way to go back to default? Damn a little light can get toooo complicated to used......LOL

jpeg

Enlightened
There is no way to return the ARC4 to factory settings without manually re-configuring everything. The ARC4 has some of it's settings stored in flash memory, so regardless of how long you leave the battery out, it won't reset those features.
If you need practice navigating the menus, try using one of the simulators on my sig line...
Hope this helps.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
ketchup: you're welcome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

click the switch of your light until it stops flashing, then release the button quickly to enter the options menu. the light will be on option 1, which is the SOS function. cycle by single-clicking twice to go to the third option (force primary), then press and hold to turn on the force primary option.

turn on the light, and it should come on in the primary setting, then turn it back off. now click the switch until the light stops flashing, then press and hold the switch to enter the brightness menu. you will be now setting the primary brightness setting. single click the light until it reaches the brightest setting. once the brightness of the light backs off on the next click, that means that is setting 2. double-click the light to make it go back up to the brightest setting, then press and hold to set the primary brightness setting to level one.

follow the earlier instructions to go back to the options menu, and following the same procedure, press and hold the switch when you select the force primary option to turn it off.

now, click on the light, and it should come on in the primary brightness setting (level one). double-click the light to set it to the secondary brightness setting, then single-click it to turn it off. enter the brightness settings menu following the earlier instructions.

once you're in the brightness options menu, single click the light to make the light increase the brightness setting. once the brightness backs off instead of getting brighter, that means you're on level 2. single-click the light 5 more times to go to level 7, then press and hold to set the secondary brightness setting to level 7.

now you've set the brightness settings back to default (for software revision 123) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.