Fenix Outfitters        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Four Sevens Customer Service

Default Four Sevens Customer Service

I have tried calling 4 7's in Georgia and never had someone answer the phone. Nor do they return phone calls. Nor do they respond to emails. I was starting to enjoy some of their lights but will dump Four Sevens as a brand if they cannot provide ANY service except to take your money. I've read this complaint on other posts. Am I off track? Is there a secret door?
    Last edited by defbear; 09-22-2016 at 02:56 PM.

Default Re: Four Sevens Customer Service

Agreed. I've tried calling, and emailing but do not get any responses.

I must admit, I felt a bit better reading the previous two posts. At first I thought it was just me having issues, and that I maybe should have tried a bit harder. I posted a recent thread about issues I've had with a Bolt Mini, and how Foursevens CS has basically 'gone dark' the last few weeks. It does seem like a relatively recent thing, as I did call them about some other unrelated issues around the time the Knight and Paladin came out, and got through just fine (though this admittedly was before I'd paid for anything in that order).

It's a bit of a shame, as some of their products are quite innovative, despite what I feel has been a recent drop in overall product QC...

Flashaholic*

I've been very happy with their service. They replied to my email with about 2 days. They also replied to me on this forum and got things straightened out. How long has it been since you first sent an email?

Quote Originally Posted by eraursls1984 View Post
    I've been very happy with their service. They replied to my email with about 2 days. They also replied to me on this forum and got things straightened out. How long has it been since you first sent an email?
    It's been about 19 days since I had *any* reply from them. Even then, that last email was a 'sorry, we're busy' response to a reminder email from me. Prior to that, it was *another* 2 weeks since their last contact.

I did leave a facebook comment on one of their 'lucky draw' posts, and it concerned me that rather than reply to the comment, they just reposted a new, separate 'lucky draw' post for the same light..

Unenlightened

Thumbs down Re: Four Sevens Customer Service

Wrote them twice last week about my QSL Smart problem. Not a single word from them. It is a shame, I had very positive experience with their CS a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by nnasko View Post
    Wrote them twice last week about my QSL Smart problem. Not a single word from them. It is a shame, I had very positive experience with their CS a few years ago.
    I've sent a couple more emails in the last week, and still no hint of a reply. Has anyone had any luck, or got any tips about how to get a response from them?

The last company I dealt with that had this kind of change in customer service ended up shutting down suddenly a short while later....

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by jylong_away View Post
    I've sent a couple more emails in the last week, and still no hint of a reply. Has anyone had any luck, or got any tips about how to get a response from them?

The last company I dealt with that had this kind of change in customer service ended up shutting down suddenly a short while later....
    Hi, after my third email yesterday I received an answer that my case is reported to the developers team and they are investigating why the side switch green light is missing. They apologised for the one week response delay.
    So far so good.
    Hope to hear some news again soon.

I'm the OP. Nice Update! Yesterday I received an email from TJ at 4-7's. I want to exchange a bolt mini. Led is too green. TJ issued a RMA and said they would personally choose a better looking led. I had three other emails with TJ. I wanted another light and was given a coupon to use. Perhaps TJ was on vacation. Regardless at this point Four Sevens is replying to customer service requests. Good news! I do like their lights.

We have staff on phones and emails all day but only during business hours. Some customers have complained that we don't pick up the phone and when I personally check the phone records I discovery that they call on weekends and in the middle of the night!!

As posted in our contact page we are open 9am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time Monday through Friday excluding Holidays.
    http://www.foursevens.com/contact/

Also sometimes we have company-wide meetings or lunches and phones may not be attended. And if you call between 4pm-5pm you'll likely not get through for some strange reason everyone calls just before 5pm and all our guys working the phone.
    And if all our staff are on the phone you'll be redirected to voice mail.

Emails are typically replied to 24-48 hours but during peak season it may take longer. But do know that if you email us every few hours (yes this does happen) our system puts you in the back of the queue because the most recent email may be an update to the previous email so yes you get put in the back of the line if you email us once every hour.

Lastly, if you fill out the contact page instead of emailing us please please put your CORRECT email and phone number. So many times we reach out only to find out your contact info is missing or incorrect. We've had some people complain that we weren't getting back to people and I personally investigate this and it turns out contact info was wrong or missing.

One more thing, we also had lots of people repeatedly say we aren't replying to emails but we discover that our replies (all very prompt) have gone to your spam/junk filter. I know earthlink automatically does this as does other ISP's.

Hope this helps clarify.

I no longer have a concern about FourSevens customer service. I exchanged my Bolt-Mini and TJ and the rest of the staff made it as painless as possible. I had several email conversations and the response was within a day or less. I believe FourSevens is making a good faith effort.

My only complaint concerning FourSevens customer service occurred a few weeks back. I e mailed TJ inquiring about an orange Preon P2. He replied that they were all sold, not a single one in stock. I replied with a request that he sell me one from his personal stash. (Pulp Fiction reference) He wrote back, stating he'd donate a kidney if I needed, but he would not part with his orange Preon P2. Seems like pretty damn good customer service to me. But still room for improvement. Orange Preon P2 hint hint. /

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

I have a quark aa-2 that the batteries had leaked inside of and ruined the tailcap. I emailed 4sevens and got a response inside of a day, and a new tailcap at no charge within a few days. Just my experience with 4sevens. Ymmv but I think they have great customer service.

I contacted customer service by email 5 days ago and I still have not received a reply, Litigation paypal in progress ...hopefully, the answer could be forthcoming.

Flashaholic "Give me more lumens!" - Flashlight Addict -

Last edited by jdhermit; 01-05-2017 at 10:46 AM.

A&Q Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by DAN92 View Post
    I contacted customer service by email 5 days ago and I still have not received a reply, Litigation paypal in progress ...hopefully, the answer could be forthcoming.
    So they didn't respond in 5 days to one email and you filed a paypal dispute?
    The TK20. Yes it still rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Woods Walker View Post
    Expectations regarding customer service are rapidly evolving. There is little reason for companies to not respond within one day. Just my .02

A&Q Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by 7hns View Post
    Expectations regarding customer service are rapidly evolving. There is little reason for companies to not respond within one day. Just my .02
    Maybe evolution is wrong on this one. Anything could have happened to a single email message on either side. Seemed way too reactionary. I always had great CS from 4/7 but that's just my experience.

In this case, should he be slightly annoyed? Yes. Enough to file a paypal dispute? No.
    About the evolution, though, I believe it's in the right direction. In general, bad businesses are not going out of business fast enough.
    Imalent, Armytek, Gearbest, and Banggood are still in business for the same reason Logan Paul is still making money.
    Imalent, Failure Imminent.

Never judge a man or his company until you've walked two miles in his shoes.

That way, you'll be too far away to shoot, and he won't be able to catch you since he'll be barefooted.

+ 1 to the wise one that Walks in the Woods.

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Quote Originally Posted by Woods Walker View Post
    Yes, I placed order ten days ago.

EDIT: I just got a response from customer service, I quote:

"Sorry about the delay in response. The order was placed in a incomplete status because of a disconnect with our site and paypal. I have fixed the problem and we will get that shipped out for you today."

Thank you FourSevens.
    Last edited by DAN92; 01-05-2017 at 11:53 AM.

Flashaholic "Give me more lumens!" - Flashlight Addict -

A&Q Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by DAN92 View Post
    Yes, I placed order ten days ago.

EDIT: I just got a response from customer service, I quote:

"Sorry about the delay in response. The order was placed in a incomplete status because of a disconnect with our site and paypal. I have fixed the problem and we will get that shipped out for you today."

Thank you FourSevens.
    That's great. I like when these things end well!

I'm still waiting for CS to respond to an email I sent on December 14th....
    - Terry

I just got a response for an rma yeaterday and i emailed them on 12 dec. I guess theyre backed up, atleast they are taking care of my lights though!
    Granny shiftin not double clutchin like you should

Wanted: quark 18650 body and malkoff wildcat v5 5000k mtg2 head

Flashaholic*

They have said elsewhere on this forum that they are still dealing with the holiday backlog.

First purchase from 47, even though they were one of the first home grown companies when I first joined CPF more than 10 yr ago. Bought about 6 atom cr123 w reflectors from clearance section along with headlamp strap for Christmas gifts. While some clearance items stated no box included, I certainly didn't see this written for these. When they came wrapped in just plastic(not even bubble wrap), I emailed CS and received no reply for at least 4-5 days, then another 4-5 days to reply to my reply. Overall unsatisfactory service and will be my last purchase from 47.

Hey, liteboy,

I placed a clearance section order in August. I wasn't expecting boxes but was disappointed that some of the items were not wrapped individually to keep them from scratching each other. You think it'd be obvious that I wasn't buying the parts to make users. Overall, unsatisfactory service from the FourSevens shipping department.

~ Chance

Products Base Final
    1 x Classic Preon Head, Black $21.00 $21.00
    1 x Classic Preon Head, Toxic Green $21.00 $21.00
    1 x Classic Preon P1 Body, Toxic Green $5.00 $5.00
    1 x Classic Preon Clicky Tailcap, Toxic Green $8.00 $8.00
    1 x Classic Preon Clicky Tailcap, Red $8.00 $8.00
    1 x Classic Preon P1 Body, Red $5.00 $5.00
    1 x Classic Preon Head, Red $21.00 $21.00
    1 x Classic Preon Clicky Tailcap, Rounded, Satin Titanium $11.00 $11.00
    1 x Classic Preon P1 Body, Satin Titanium $11.00 $11.00
    1 x Classic Preon Head, Satin Titanium $24.00 $24.00
    1 x Classic Preon Clicky Tailcap, Black $11.00 $11.00
    1 x Classic Preon P1 Body, Black $5.00 $5.00

Chance, that's no good. Mine were individually wrapped but, using really cheap and tattered plastic. I ultimately placed the light inside the headlamp kit for my gifts but the extra lights I gave as is, recipients probably thought I just wrapped up my old lights to give to them haha. Hope David quickly corrects these issues.

It took foursevens a month to reply to an email I sent them in November. After they replied at the end of December , it took them 2-3 more weeks to provide me with an RMA.

I posted earlier about my experience being positive with 4sevens customer service. Well I have a quark 123 turbo x that decided to die on me randomly yesterday. Put fresh primaries in and still nothing happening. Verified that the batteries were good with a meter and by using them in my nightcore srt7. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal but this is my favorite light for some reason. Anyway, I just tried calling during business hours and no answer. Will try again and send an email. The light is 5 years old. Never abused but has been edc'd for quite some time. I'm really hoping that it can be fixed since they don't make this light anymore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast